Photo AI turns the photo almost white

Photo AI 1.3.3 on Windows 10
Lightroom Classic 12.3

Photo AI turns the photo almost white (see screenshot)

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. On Lightroom, select Raw photo
  2. Open Photo AI (File → Plug-In Extras → Process with Topaz Photo AI)
  3. Photo AI processes photo with Autopilot

Not a solution sorry, but I get something similar. Not an almost complete white out like yours but certainly a much lighter image. I use Win 11 LR12.3 but was also getting with previous incarnations of 1.3. Posting so that Lingyu & / or Preston are aware that this is not necessarily a one-off issue.

1 Like

If it makes a difference, the RAW image is from a Sony A7 IV (ILCE-7M4)

Please send me the original file so I can check this.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

We are also releasing a new update in a few hours. Please update and let me know if you are still seeing that issue happening.

Hi, I just uploaded the original RAW file, a tzlog file, and DxDiag.txt.
When the new Photo AI update is released, I will give it a try.

Thank you for your help!

I installed v1.3.4. Issue still exists.

After some experimenting, I found that RAW REMOVE NOISE - NORMAL is causing the processed image to turn white.

When I disable RAW REMOVE NOISE, the processed image displays properly.
When I enable RAW REMOVE NOISE - STRONG, the processed image displays properly.

SHARPEN, RECOVER FACES, and ENHANCE RESOLUTION seems to work properly.

Could you try reinstalling Topaz Photo AI? It could be a corrupted model file.

1. Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall Topaz Photo AI.
  2. Delete the registry files for Topaz Photo AI using instructions here.
  3. Download the full installer for the latest version of Topaz Photo AI from here. Make sure Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are closed during this step.

We can also try updating your computer drivers and see if that changes the behavior. Automatically update the drivers from the Dell website here:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/precision-17-7740-laptop/drivers

I can try reinstalling Topaz Photo AI and updating Dell drivers this weekend.

I uninstalled Topaz Photo AI.
Verified Registry entries were removed.
I installed Topaz Photo AI 1.3.5
As far as I can tell, the latest Dell drivers are installed.

Unfortunately, the issue still exists.
It only happens with RAW REMOVE NOISE - NORMAL setting.

Do you have any ideas on which model file could be corrupted?

@topazlabs-1883 I’m glad you identified that it’s specifically RAW Remove Noise Normal that’s causing this. It’s hard to pinpoint which exact model is corrupted since each computer could be slightly different.

Can you try using the Strong model but turning the slider down low?
Also, you can try using the Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI workflow which will preserve color and process a TIF instead of a RAW.

We’ve documented the color shift on import and we’re working on a solution for a future release coming soon. Thanks!

I just upgraded to v1.3.6. It looks like the issue has been resolved! :partying_face:
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.