Photo AI-top of image cut off

Photo AI 1.2.1 Bug: section of image cut off–not in original image

Converting from RAW image directly. Here is jpg of original image since I can’t upload the RAW image

:
Deer ears complete at top in original photo. Deer ear cut off when image imported into Photo AI and after I tried processing in Photo AI:

System profile:
DxDiag.txt (116.0 KB)
2023-02-13-16-13-2.tzlog (9.9 KB)
Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt (4.4 MB)

Hey there,

This may be a behavior with Lens Correction in Photo AI – if you convert your image to a TIFF and process again, can you let us know if this same behavior occurs?

Photo AI likely is not apply lens correction to your RAW file, and results in the cropping you’re seeing here, but testing the TIFF file should help us confirm this.

Thanks!

Hi, Preston,

I took the RAW CR3 (Canon R5) into Photoshop to try to make the TIFF you suggested. In Photoshop, the deer ears are cut off at the top. I checked the Crop setting in Camera Raw and it was on Full, so I could not get any more image space there.

Both Photo Mechanic and the Microsoft Photos show that CR3 image with full ears.

Can you advise what’s next to try if Photoshop won’t yield an uncropped image?

BTW, Win 11.

Hey Maxine,

Could you send me the original Raw file so I can take a look and better understand what is happening?

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

In Topaz Photo AI, you can try going to Preferences > disable Lens Correction to see if that changes the behavior.