Photo AI loses location data on processing

Hi there,

Photo AI manages to copy most Exif+IPTC data over from the original image to the saved processed image, but GPS location data is lost. I would be glad to have this fixed, which would save me manual work for every affected image every time.

Thanks
Maik

2 Likes

I have the same very annoying issue (GPS location lost)

• Topaz Photo AI 1.2.1 as a Lightroom Classic 12.2 plugin (Camera Raw 15.2)
  • All is ok with Topaz Denoise
  • Pictures are coming from a Nikon Z9, high efficiency compressed raw
1 Like

Topaz Photo AI Version 1.2.3 / Lightroom Classic 12.2 / MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

When transferring/editing a Canon .CR2 or .CR3 raw file from Lightroom to Topaz and then saving the file in Topaz the EXIF GPS data from is not written back into the .TIFF or DNG file

Seems like it was originally reported in '17… come on Topaz… Fix this bug…

Photo AI wasn’t around in 2017 and please do NOT duplicate posts, just add to the post or click vote.

Sorry… I meant that the bug was also present in Topaz Denoise AI way back in 2017

Hey @maik.mussal just want to provide an update on this – we’re aware of this one and still have it on our plate, still having some conflicts with image Metadata that we’re addressing!

1 Like

Any updates (or potential work-arounds)? This is a very aggravating issue.

For all cameras, the Edit In workflow in Lightroom still won’t keep location data and this is on our to-do list to update still, but using the File > Plug-in Extras Lightroom workflow you should be able to retain location data on cameras other than the Nikon Z9 HE* RAW files. We’re still working on the HE* files as well.

I’m seeing the geodata stripped from even jpg files :frowning:

Are you using Topaz Photo AI in stand alone mode or as a plugin to another application?

Stand-alone.

Workflow:

1. iPhone RAW photos
  2. open DNG photos in Windows 11 photo editor. Adjust lighting/crop and save as JPG. Geodata is intact
  3. process in Topaz. After saving, geodata has been removed.

Shane Scruggs

I just tested with GPS data on an iPhone and that was kept correctly in stand alone mode.

If geodata is different, please send me the DNG file and output JPG file so I can try to reproduce this.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request