Photo AI issue writing EXIF data

The DNG output files written as result of processing OM-1 RAW files seem to have corrupted EXIF data.

When reimporting these files back to Lightroom, basic EXIF data like camera and lens model, focal length, aperture, exposure, ISO etc. is missing for the exported JPGs. Eg. when publishing such an image to Flickr, there is no EXIF data at all.

Windows doesn’t recognize the DNGs as image files (no image details, no preview). This is not the case for DNG files created by eg. DXO or Adobe.

When inspecting EXIF data using exiftool there’s a message “Not decoding some large array(s). Ignore minor errors to decode”. A lof of entries in Maker Notes section appear twice in exiftool output.

Something seems to be wrong with the DNGs.

If you want to check, you can download the ORF file and Topaz DNG file here:

Many thanks for looking into the issue!

Can you confirm with me which Lightroom Plugin you are using:

• The RAW plugin, accessed through File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo
  • The external editor plugin, accessed through Photo > Edit in > Topaz Photo AI
1 Like

I noticed this issue when using the RAW plugin.

However, it’s not required to use the plugin. You can reproduce the EXIF data issue (exiftool warning, some entries appear twice) by using Photo AI as a standalone app.

Was my reply helpful for you to reproduce the issue?
Do you need anything else?