Photo AI creating artifact

Photo AI creating reddish artifact.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Load an incredible photo taken by me :crazy_face:
  2. Photo AI set on Autopilot
  3. Let Photo AI process image
  4. Strange reddish spot appears on image (also present on saved imaged)

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Don’t forget to upload logs and your PC specs.

Please upload a copy of the image(s) you are working with along with your logs and system profile so we can troubleshoot :slight_smile:

Hello, I cropped the photo to show the artifact. You can see the pink spot near the center. I have more log files from previous dates if that will help. Also, I installed an update today but haven’t tried processing this image. This is the only image that had this issue - this is the first and last time it has happened, but I tried to process this image a couple times and produced the same results.

2023-05-26-21-15-58.tzlog (8.8 KB)

I forgot to give you my PC profile. It’s an old HP Pavilion with at i7-6700HQ, with 16GB RAM, 2 ea. 1TB SSDs and one 500GB HDD on Windows 10. I also tried the same photo after installing updates and it produces the same weird pinkish spot in the same place.

For the profile run DxDiag from the command line, save the output and upload here. Just type dxdiag in the search box.

Hey Don…here you go.

DxDiag.txt (100.0 KB)

1 Like

This artifact is usually due to the Raw Remove Noise Normal model. You can switch to the other model or increase/decrease the strength setting and the artifact should no longer appear.
d6ef8210052b8390207da77a42e8f59c.png

We will be retraining the AI model for Raw Remove Noise soon to fix this behavior so it does not happen in the future.

For now, I would recommend the workaround and to reprocess the RAW images that ended up with this issue. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you Lingyu. This photo is not one that I am going to spend much time with, and it is the only one that has ever exhibited this artifact. All the same, if I see this on any other images, I know some steps to take.

Thanks again,
Guy Seela

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.