Photo AI 1.3.0: Not all actually supported image formats are included in the LoadFileDialog filter

I noticed that Photo AI supports (can successfully load) the image formats
-GIF
-ICO
But when navigating to a folder with any of the 2 image formats, no file is visible in the file browser (as not included in the filter).

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Just save a GIF and ICO file anywhere
  2. Try to open it with open image in Photo AI
  3. The file picker will open, navigate to the directory
  4. It will not show any files (unless you type . then it will show them and also be able to open them).

I suspect that over time new supported file formats were added to Photo AI, but the filter was not updated accordingly. There may be more missing formats in the filter (than the 2 I found).

It’s a minor issue, but I thought I’ll report it anyhow.

Topaz Photo AI v1.3.0 on Windows

Both GIF and ICO files are unsupported and do not open.

Are you able to open these on your Windows computer? If you are able to, please send a screenshot including the header for the application so I can see the file name:

Hello, yes they open flawlessly in 1.3.0 - see:
and
Whatever library you use to open images supports the two types.
Animated GIFs also load correctly, showing the first frame (I wouln’t expect more, since it is a photo product, not a video one)

Also just tried it in 1.3.1, still works.

Please send me the two files above. On my windows device both of these do not work.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.
Dropbox File Request

Hello, I’ve uploaded both files to your dropbox (please use the second upload, in the first I accidentally uploaded the png variant, instead of ico).
Both files work on my windows machine with 1.3.1. I just tested it on another PC (which has a naked windows 10 22H2 and just an installation of Photo AI 1.3.1), just to make sure. Opens fine.

I spoke with my team about this. We are officially not supporting these file types although we can open them.

Ok, I hope you will leave this workaround open and will not actively block these types in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.