PAI sharpening introduced bright distorted section

This is a one off. I’d set up a batch PAI processing run of about 100 images. They all turned out fine except these two images. This is before processing with PAI

This is after processing with PAI on automatic settings, which chose Strong sharpening

Before

After

I’ve tried processing both images with Standard, Lens Blur and Motion Blur but the bright spot in the middle does not appear.
Don’t think it is anything I’m doing. Any ideas?

Topaz Photo AI [v2.4.2] on [Windows 10]

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Have sent the requested files to your Dropbox. Thanks for looking into it.

Thanks for sending in those files. I was not able to replicate those edits on my machine however I would like to get some more information about the CPU you are using with Topaz Photo AI.

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link from the previous post.

Have sent my system profile. Thanks again for looking into it.

Thanks for sending those in.

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: AMD Radeon | RX 6600 | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Hi John

Thanks for this. I’ve updated the driver but unfortunately it doesn’t make any difference. I’ve looked at the two images again and changed the autopilot setting for Sharpening from normal to weak and it is better even though Autopilot has chosen the Strong setting automatically.

Due to physics at slower shutter speeds parts of the car will be more in focus than other parts and consequently needs less sharpening in the out of focus areas. However, Autopilot selection, quite correctly, selects the whole car irrespective of different levels of focus. E.g If the decals are slightly blurred further back on the car then this lower setting helps too. So I’ve currently changed the sharpening autopilot setting to weak and then adding further sharpening if I think a portion of the image can take it.

Even though I have Sharpening AI and DeNoiseAI I preferred using DeNoise for sharpening as it was less “invasive” on the more out of focus areas even if I selected the entire car. Hopefully this makes sense!

Thank you for looking into this for me but if I’m the only one with the issue (plus it only has occured on a few occasions) it is not a major issue especially as I have a work around.
Ken