Noise and glitches with new NVIDIA card

Since I upgrade the video card, I have been encountering problems with Topaz Video AI, it gives me flickering lines, noise and glitches.
Before I had a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB and Topaz Video AI worked very well, it was just a little slow. Now I have mounted a Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 TI Twin X2 8G DLSS3 Inno3D, Topaz is faster, but the processed videos have flickering lines, glitches and noise. The video card drivers are updated. Some advice?

my first attempt would be to clock down the card maybe via the msi afterburner tool.

Which version of the software is it?

Seems to be very old.

It looks like Video Enhance AI v1.
I don’t think those old version support lastest GPU.

2 Likes

Hello it’s 1.2.0

I don’t even know what you are talking about :sweat_smile:

The software is so old that the GPU is not supported any more, thats why its not working.

i think you are right, but everything was working fine with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650… Anyway: now I’ve installed Topaz v.3.0.12 and I have a new graphic card. Topaz seems to work but preview is insanely slow! It takes 14 minutes for few seconds of preview. WHY?

1 Like

The latest version is v3.2.7

I don’t need to run after every single release. I just need that the version I’m using works properly, and the first version was much faster than 3.0. Now I discovered that this version needs an internet connection and it works very slow

There was a massive update because of speed in February.

A 4060ti should drop 12 fps with a HD video now with the actual version.

The 4060ti will drop 12fps? Isn’t that a lot? Or is it improved by 12fps?

Ok guys I got it: the first time I use a template it’s so long cause topaz has to download it. But once it’s been downloaded it’s very fast!

2 Likes

Anyway it goes at 13,2 fps

Keep in mind that the old models of Topaz v1 sometimes produce different image results than the new models.
I scale a lot of videos at 240p/160p and according to my tests I still get the best results with V1.5.3 and Artemis-v1.0.1.
With the newer models I have less details and slight flickering in fine strokes.

This unfortunately means I still have to use my old gtx 1070, as I also get image errors with my 3090.
Also CPU and GPU can give different results.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.