No such filter: 'tvai_up'

I have uninstalled Handbrake and Video AI, then reinstalled Video AI v3.1.5.0.b, which should have removed all instances of ffmpeg, so I understand.

Still getting command line interface error:

BEGIN

No such filter: ‘tvai_up’

Error initializing complex filters.

Invalid argument

END

Complete command, copied from GUI > Process > Show Export Command:

BEGIN

Roberts-MacBook:MacOS eidschun$ ffmpeg “-hide_banner” “-nostdin” “-y” “-nostats” “-framerate” “29.97” “-start_number” “61” “-i” “/System/Volumes/Data/Documents/The Wine Cellar - consultation scene - TIFF images/the_wine_cellar_trailer_image_sequence_no_titles_%04d.tif” “-sws_flags” “spline+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int” “-color_trc” “2” “-colorspace” “2” “-color_primaries” “2” “-filter_complex” “tvai_up=model=prob-3:scale=0:w=3840:h=2160:preblur=0:noise=0:details=0:halo=0:blur=0:compression=0:estimate=20:device=0:vram=1:instances=1,scale=w=3840:h=2160:flags=lanczos:threads=0:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=3840:2160:-1:-1:color=black” “-c:v” “prores_videotoolbox” “-profile:v” “lt” “-pix_fmt” “p210le” “-allow_sw” “1” “-map_metadata” “0” “-movflags” "frag_keyframe+empty_moov+delay_moov+use_metadata_tags+write_colr " “-map_metadata:s:v” “0:s:v” “-an” “-metadata” “videoai=Enhanced using prob-3 auto with recover details at 0, dehalo at 0, reduce noise at 0, sharpen at 0, revert compression at 0, and anti-alias/deblur at 0. Changed resolution to 3840x2160” “/System/Volumes/Data/Documents/The Wine Cellar - consultation scene - TIFF images_prob3_temp.mov”
Input #0, image2, from ‘/System/Volumes/Data/Documents/The Wine Cellar - consultation scene - TIFF images/the_wine_cellar_trailer_image_sequence_no_titles_%04d.tif’:
Duration: 00:00:00.33, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0:0: Video: tiff, rgb24, 720x480 [SAR 1:1 DAR 3:2], 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 29.97 tbn, 29.97 tbc
[AVFilterGraph @ 0x7f8ead604a80] No such filter: ‘tvai_up’
Error initializing complex filters.
Invalid argument

END

Here’s a screen shot:

I would be grateful for any solution. Thank you. - Robert

What happens if you use the full path to the TVAI ffmpeg instead of the environment variable?

Thanks for the suggestion. That worked, although only under the following conditions:

1. Given the spaces in the name of the application file, the full path must include back slashes: “/Applications/Topaz\ Video\ AI\ BETA.app/Contents/MacOS/ffmpeg”, etc.

2. GUI must be running.

3. Terminal window must be invoked within GUI: Process > Open Command Prompt

If neither 2 or 3 is true, then when the command is issued (within a terminal window that is invoked outside of the GUI), then the following error message appears in the terminal window: “Segmenation fault 11”.

Thanks again.

Now, I have another question: can you please tell me what I would add to my command in order to scale 720 x 480 (width x height) pixel images to 3840 x 2160 pixels? Right now, 480 is scaled up by a factor of 4.5 to arrive at 2160 pixels; but 720 is also scaled up by a factor of 4.5, which brings the width up to only 3240 pixels. However, 720 must be scaled up by a factor of 5.333… in order to arrive at 3840 pixels. Do you know how to do this? Thanks.

You’re using beta? There are two environment variables you need to set to get the CLI to run according to the documentation. Those get temporarily set when you open it from the GUI. I’m not sure if they are the same for the beta or not.

Here is how you can set the dimensions, it’s right after the model name: prob-3:scale=0:w=3840:h=2160 You can do scale or width and height. (Or both, but it only uses one, I think it takes width and height over scale.) Anyway, it only uses that to determine what resize model of the AI model to use.
Then there’s a lanczos resize to correct from the size the AI model produces scale=w=1920:h=1080:flags=lanczos:threads=0:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=3840:2160
To be honest, if I want to know how to make a command, I just set it up in the GUI then view the command.