My textures in Studio 2 only show up as blank black boxes

I know that there are a number of things yet to be added to Studio 2, and I’m wondering if Textures are one them.

I mentioned this a couple of times before when we were BETA testing Studio 2 about 2 versions back, but I never got an answer. I’m unable to use any texture on my images in Studio 2. I’ll drag and drop an image into Studio 2 and then select the texture option but all I get is black boxes. If I hover over any of them the name of the filter is revealed but clicking it will not apply the texture to the image. I used them just after Meridith did her webinar, but sometime after that, they blacked out. I don’t really use them all that much, but would like to have the option when it is needed.

As you can see from this image I’m using the latest version.

And here you can see the black boxes showing in the texture section and what happens when you hover over one. Be sure to click the image to show the full shot and boxes on the right.

Have you opened the category manager to see what’s going on? I have all my textures and have been adding in more. When they released v 2.0.10 all the back tiles where updated.

If you open the texture manager and all the tiles are blank I would reinstall.

6 posts were split to a new topic: TS 2 Textures Manager

Off topic replies moved to new post.

That seems to be more a graphics issue. Can you go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the information here please.

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.0.10

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 419.17

CPU RAM: 32586 MB

Video RAM: 11264 MB Total, 6144 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Hello AiDon, here is the information I obtained from “Help- Graphics Info”.

Application & Version: Topaz Studio 2 Version 2.0.10

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 419.17

CPU RAM: 32586 MB

Video RAM: 11264 MB Total, 6144 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

In the section of Textures where it shows the window with the two columns, (on the left it is titled Categories and on the right it is titled Textures) I show all the list of all the categories. In the section to the right in that window under Textures, it is solid black. There are no textures showing.

I will be away from a computer and the Internet until I return back home Sunday night. I will check back here at that time and look for other notifications.

I remember we talked about your NVIDIA driver in another thread where I agreed that you wouldn’t upgraded because there were no issues.

Maybe update it to the current version … I think v431.70 Studio … and see if that helps.

Hello AiDon, I just ran a Windows 10 Update Drivers scan and the window that opened up after the scan says “Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed.” It gave the same results when I checked for both display devices. I checked both the Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630, and for my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. I think it might be best for me to not tempt fate and just use textures with Studio 1 when I need them. It doesn’t seem to be a problem for any other BETA testers, but that’s probably because I’ve got a pretty high end machine. I’m not much of a Texture user anyway but if and when I do need them I’m easily able to access them in Studio 1 from within Photoshop and as I just verified, they all work perfectly in there. Thank you for your help. I now get to take my wonderful wife on a weekend trip to Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia.

Don’t use Windows update download from the NVIDIA website Windows update doesn’t have the lastest. Enjoy your weekend.

Ah!! I forgot. My Microsoft computer son mentioned that a while ago also. I will do so and let you know when I get back home. Thanks

1 Like

Hi AiDon, I downloaded and installed the NVIDIA Experience from NVIDIA’s website. Then I went through and located, downloaded, and attempted to install the driver 431.70 studio per your suggestion. It wouldn’t allow me to install it. It said my particular system needed a DCH package, whatever that is, so I clicked that option and it downloaded and installed on my computer. There are still no textures showing as you can see in the print screen attached. Was I supposed to download and install them too? I assumed that since the names of the various textures appear when I hover over the black boxes, (as shown in the print screen) the textures would be installed along with the software and the only ones I’d have to install would be others I’ve located or made myself.

I booted up Studio 2, dragged an image into the software, went over and selected “Textures.” My image was replaced with the white surface you see. Be sure to click on the photo to see the entire image.

Yes, in DCH drivers the base core component files remain the same, but the way DCH drivers are packaged differs from Standard drivers. They are probably not the latest versions as there is rigorous hardware testing involved. Items like the control panel etc. are available through the Microsoft Store.

You should raise a support request but, in the meantime, run the application using the Intel HD630 GPU and see if that helps.

Note that Studio 1 may or may not work with that NVIDIA driver version, using my GTX1050 I had issues using the menus.

Terry, forgot to mention you don’t need to change any settings just right click on the icon and select the GPU from the from the Run with Graphics Processor option.