Lens Correction still, still not working in Lightroom RAW Plugin Mode

I am aware of the other topics similar to this one, but I noticed the main thread regarding this issue is from March of 2023! I just did an event with a Canon RF24-105 F2.8 L IS USM Z, and when I’m wide (e.g. 24mm), the fact that Photo AI doesn’t carry over the lens correction data is atrocious. Serious, the image becomes unusable with the distortion, so I can’t really take advantage of the product at all. Also, the color profile of all my images change, so even the photos that are more zoomed in and don’t have as much distortion and vignetting are still becoming a pain in labor to correct to what I want, rather than starting all the photos the same.

When will this be fixed?

While we do not have an exact timeline I can assure you that our developers are working on lens corrections for supported cameras working in the File > Plug-in Extras > Process with Topaz Photo AI plugin.

If you are using Topaz Photo AI as a plugin for Lightroom Classic, the current recommended workflow would be to use Lightroom Classic’s lens correction module and have the Topaz Photo AI lens correction disabled.

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Thanks John, I just uploaded some files. Between the original and the Topaz processed file, you can see the image go from looking fair well adjusted/straight to almost looking like it was shot with a fisheye lens with massive vignetting. The vignetting is apparent even in the topaz preview window when working on it from the Plugin Extension.

Thanks for sending in that information. I have added this information to a task that our team is currently investigating, we will be sure to reach out to you hear once we have more information to share.