Large Horizontal Bands Across Images - Release 1.3.1

Large horizontal bands across entire image and all images

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Simply use Ai for denoise on any photo (original psd format from ps) either as a plug in in photoshop, or using topaz to process the file

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

What are you using … DeNoise or Photo AI? As you have posted here in Photo AI I assume you know that so FYI PSD is not supported so you cannot open as a standalone.

If you are opening in plugin mode from PS then OS passes a TIFF.

lol. Doh! Teach me for not reading instructions and info. before trying to use the product…No I did not realize psd was not supported. Thanks.

1 Like

I am using Photo AI, and selecting to denoise. It happens regardless of whether I use denoise or sharpen or both from within photo ai.

The banding still appears even on flatted jpeg images where I use topaz so It’s not just with psd files. See attached.

Guess I’ll need to read detailed instructions to figure this out. Just thought it was straight forward when I watched videos.

I just downloaded a trial version of just the denoise product and that plugin does not seem to have the same weird horizontal band issue.

At this point I’ve tested more files of different sizes, etc. with photo AI that have the same issue, while the denoise product alone works great…Photo Ai does not. I could still be missing something with instructions though…so will dig in later this morning to see if I’m doing something wrong.

I am sure you are doing nothing wrong but if a Support person doesn’t reply within 2 days (they are in the US) please raise a support request at the main website.

Hi @melodi.roberts! Please upload the following to this thread for us to review;

1. Your computer’s system profile
  2. The original file(s) you are working with
  3. Your Photo AI log files (Help > Logging).

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)
How To Obtain Your System Profile (Mac)

Thanks!

DxDiag_MROBERTS.txt (147.2 KB)

Thank you everyone for your repsponses. Support got back to me and silly me, I simply had to install the latest NVIDIA driver.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.