Jerky frame rate fix

-I’ve tried to find answers in previous threads but nothing seems to match my query-

Hi,
I have 1080 25fps video that was shot on a domestic camcorder. There are sections where the frame rate halves - ie there are 2 consecutive identical frames, making the motion jerky.
I have tried to fix using Chronos - SloMo at 100%, and also doubling the frame rate to 50fps and using SloMo at 100% - but the duplicate frames persist.
Is there a different setting I should try?
(the problem seems to originate in-camera but it’s legacy footage and I have no insight as to why it’s happened. The frame rate appears to halve for a few seconds then goes back to normal. I’d like to stabilise the frame rate so that the motion appears smooth throughout).
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Have you try using Flowframes with De-Duplication (remove duplicate frame) enable ?
It is a free AI software for interpolate video.

AFAIK, VEAI do not detect/remove duplicate frames.
Some other users have make request for such feature. If you also want such feature, you may press “Vote” button on their page.

you could try to convert the video to the lowest fps you find in the video before using video enhance, so if you say parts of the video seem to have 12,5 fps instead of 25 just convert the whole video file to 12,5 fps and then make it fluid again with video enhance. maybe send me a short clip inluding the issue so I can try myself too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!
So far this seems to be working pretty well!
Amazed

1 Like

Great. :blush: