Interlaced Progressive

Never have seen the term “interlaced Progressive” Under “Enhancement” and “Video Type” is that term. I know the difference between the two but what is interlaced progressive? I have taken an old interlaced video, 60i, and made each field into it’s own frame. That why you preserve the smoothness of movement and you end up with 60p. So I’ve been selecting “Progressive” because that’s what it is now. What is interlaced progressive? Thanks.

2 Likes

the interlaced progressive option is only to be used if you have a video that previously converted to progressive without de-interlacing it at the time.
so this option is to try and correct the errors of that file. not so much your use case, so it’s not relevant for your case.

4 Likes

Perfect Thanks! I have a few like that (before I knew what I was doing) and, without the original interlaced video file, so it may actually help me on those!

1 Like

would be so good to have this information actually in the interface so users can make an reasonable selection

it is in the Interface. I pulled it out from the UI.

I have been fiddling around a bit now with the Interlaced Progressive as I’m currently is trying to get rid of interlace in some old mlv ripped dvd’s.
As for now I found an okey setup as below, hope it might help someone.

This will end up in a quite big file so I use HandBrake to get a better file size

2 Likes

The finnished file will end up smaller than the original mkv file.