Intel Mac Crashes

No matter the version, and I’ve gone backward all the way to 3.0.0, then returned to 3.2.3, usually the computer crashes, but, sometimes, like this time, the job quits and says out of memory. Only since I followed the instructions at “How To Delete Your Plist Files - Topaz Labs”, did I at least get the possibility of the program just quitting the process, but that may be coincidental to the latest version, too.

I’m running an iMac20,2, iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020, 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, with AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB , 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, with Ventura 13.3.1. I have recently added an AMD Radeon RX 460 eGPU, and chosen to use “all GPUs” in an effort to overcome this problem which makes the program useless to me on this machine. The latest version on my M1 Macbook Pro is functioning mostly fine, though I got the out-of-memory message once on it with the latest version.

Until 3.2.3, the software did nothing but crash my machine, whether in less than a minute to hours into the process.

logsForSupport.tar.gz (469.5 KB)

Hi Kelly,

This is a known issue with Intel Macs with AMD GPUs that our dev team is in active communication with Apple about. They’ve confirmed that this is an OS-level issue that Apple is currently testing a fix for and will be released in an update to macOS Ventura. We are looking forward to having this update available to our users and we will be sure to post an announcement on the forums as soon as we have new information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

[If you are posting a new bug, please include the following]

1. TVAI 3.2.6 Crashes on Mac Pro 2019
  2. MacOS 13.4, 3,3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W,AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB, 80 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
  3. Your log files (Help > Logging > Get Logs for Support):
    Topaz Video AI.zip (1021.0 KB)

[Please be sure to have searched for your bug before posting. Duplicate posts will be removed.]

Can you please update to OS 13.4 and try again? If this occurs again, please post your logs and your Apple Console report.

I have already installed MacOS Ventura 13.4
Here are the Apple Console Report and again the Log Files

Apple Console Report 05-23-23 Titel.rtf.zip (2.3 KB)
logs.zip (83.1 KB)

Thank you very much for sharing your logs!

logsForSupport.tar.gz (382.2 KB)

Hi,
VAI v. 3.2.7 semms to work with Artemis only. Otherwise it is still crashing.

Did you by chance share the wrong logs? This log is for an M1 machine and not an Intel Mac.

This error message is occurring because you have 8GB of RAM which is below the minimum requirement of 16GB.

With this machine you will want to only process one file at a time and limit the filter usage to 1.

That is impoosible! The logs generated on my MacPro with 80 GB Ram. On my MacBook Pro M2 VAI works fine.
I send you the log files again.

logsForSupport.tar.gz (383 KB)

@kellso @altern

We are preparing to discuss this further with Apple as we have a few instances where the latest OS update did not prove successful. If you are interested in testing this we would greatly appreciate it!

We will need the system logs. Here is the procedure;

1. Before the issue occurs, clear the logs in a terminal prompty: sudo log erase —all
  2. Process a file
  3. After the hang/reboot issue occurs, open the terminal again and enter in: sudo sysdiagnose and please share the generated file.

After a few minutes my MacPro 2019 crashes complete

system profile: 3,3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB
80 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
13.2.1 (22D68)2023-03-14T23:00:00Z
logsForSupport.tar.gz (163.9 KB)

[Please be sure to have searched for your bug before posting. Duplicate posts will be removed.]

@altern This is a known issue that we are looking into. Unfortunately, we do not have a solution at this time.

1 Like

We do have a build that may fix this!

Looking forward to this, as this is happening on my 2019 Mac Pro, as well! It gets shortly into a render, and then my whole Mac freezes, and I need to reboot.

When I click on the ‘build’ link, though, it says ’ Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.’

You will need to join the Video Beta Tester :slight_smile:

Thank you! Request sent!

1 Like

Hi everyone! This issue should be fixed by OS 13.4 update, please update your machine and make sure that if you are still running into issues that you lower your memory usage and try again.

If overheating is still occurring, you will want to download an app like TG Pro to increase the cooling of your machine.

Hi, when I start to add a clip display error, Contact support - Collect the logs: Help > Logging> Get Logs For Support …
What I have to do? thanks

Hello,

If this is an error on macOS, this is a known issue with the 3.2.6 version of the app that our developers are currently working on patching. For now, you can follow these steps to restore app functionality:

1. Uninstall Topaz Video AI
  2. Delete the app’s .plist files - How To Delete Your Plist Files
  3. Reboot your Mac
  4. Reinstall