Image Sequence: Missing images!

Let’s say I have 100 photos in a folder, then add them to Topaz. Click Export, and instead of giving me back 100 photos; it gives me only 80!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve tried this even without making any changes to the settings, and the same thing still happens… I get less photos back! :triumph:

I reported this same issue a couple weeks back. Topaz is investigating but no updates as of yet. BTW, what file type were your 100 photos?

.png

Also, the # 100 was just an example. It was actually over 250 in each folder, and 4 folders in all. But the problem remains with any amount. Here’s what I had to do to get them finished… It’s wearisome, and shouldn’t be necessary to begin with! :face_exhaling:

Fortunately the missing photos weren’t random, but where Topaz stopped/left off!

Folder A

  • 265 photos
  • Topaz does only 250 (example)
  • Create a (new) folder inside Folder A, and place the last 15 inside the new folder.
  • Topaz does only 14
  • Take the completed 14 out of the new folder; leaving only 1 photo left.

Problem: Topaz will not accept just 1 photo! You need atleast 4 or 5 to get started! :woman_facepalming:t2:

  • Make multiple copies of the last photo until Topaz accepts them.
  • Complete. Keep only 1 and delete the rest; since they’re all the same.
  • Now combine all the (upscaled) photos into 1 folder. “Finish.”

Now on to Folder B, then C, then D. :face_with_spiral_eyes::skull:

Would you be able to upload the original 100 image sequence, the exported 80 sequence and the logs to my dropbox for testing?

  1. You can securely submit your file(s) to our Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Submit File to Dropbox
2. To gather logs, please select Help > Logging > Get Logs for Support and attach the zip file

I think I have an idea of what’s going on. Look at this console status:


I’m running this on a folder of tiff images. I use -framerate 23.976 because that’s what the source was, if I didn’t it would default to 25. The real problem you can see is what’s being reported at the very end: dup=58 drop=151. This means that images have been duplicated 58 times, and 151 images have been dropped (Though usually these are duplicates).

Anyway, it’s like -r is being set by the tvai_fi filter. I know I’m not setting it, so there should be no drops nor duplicates. Yet there they are being reported.

1 Like