How to update Studio 2

Not sure what may have happened on your end but, mine are there. They function as expected. Wish I was more technically astute as it relates to stuff like this. Maybe I just got lucky? Mr. Spock would say, “Luck is illogical. There is a reason why BillHdz’s brushes are not showing up.” Maybe try reinstalling?

Note that I also ran First Aid in my Mac Disk Utility after installing. I also restarted my computer before loading the program.

Strange. Thanks for checking.
Topaz really needs to release a new installer that works well for everyone.
This is very disappointing.

I’m guessing they are scrambling right now. Can you imagine the pressure? Coders sweating each line and frantically testing the “newest” version all night long. The smell of coffee and take out lingering in the air as the sun comes up.

1 Like

This is what my interface looks like when using Impression. No Presets or Brushes.

TopazStudio2

If you click the Up Arrow next to PRESETS, do the brushes show then?

Also do you have any Looks available under the Add Look button at the top?

Sorry BillHdz, The feed won’t allow me to send a screen grab. Mine looks like what the moderator posted above.

Thanks for testing.

When I hit the Up Arrow next to PRESETS, the brushes are not showing up.
I think that’s because there are no presets showing.

I will play with it more tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hi Bill,

This seems to be an isolated issue we are having with some macs. Did you install and run as an admin or are you using a user account?
If you wouldn’t mind submitting a support ticket, we have an engineer investigating this issue right now.

Hi Emily,
I installed as an administrator. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck on fixing the issue.
Is there anything else I can try now?

I just submitted a support ticket. Request #219029

I just downloaded the installer from the available downloads in my account, ran the installer and all went without a hitch. The Studio version was 2.3.1. So it looks like install issues may have been fixed. Also do not see the issue with Impression as the previous poster. Back and forth fro Adobe Bridge CC 2020 seems okay as well.

macOS 10.15.3

Not here, the installer from the available downloads in my account did not work well.
MacOS 10.15.3

I am glad it worked for you. :slight_smile:

In the .1 version, is the histogram updating as you make changes to a photo?

Thanks

Install went smoothly. In Filters/plugin menu choice, Denoise AI is greyed out.

First time ever that an update screwed up and had to be redone…
In contrast to other people, I had no trouble with v.2.3.0 (Mac), but the update to v.2.3.1 this morning went wrong. I got lots of error messages, some of which related to permissions.

Any way, uninstalling as much as possible related to Studio 2 and reinstalling did the trick. All seems to be present, but further testing will be necessary.

1 Like

The multiple error windows kept popping up for me as well. Clicking Retry did not work. I aborted the process and tried to reinstall a few times with no success. Then I decided to just click the “Ignore” button and…it worked. It now says it is version 2.3.1. One caveat; I have launched the program successfully and did one test with brushes. It went well. However, I haven’t done a deep dive yet to see if anything may be broken.

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye on this. Let me know if you notice anything else.

1 Like

Let me know as well if you notice anything off. I’ll come to assist if needed.

Hey, Thanks. I’m pretty sure its working fine. I tried a few different tools and no problems. At least not up to this point.

1 Like