Gigapixel v8.0.1

Yes, the bird missed the branch. I admire what can be created, really.
I like how you can create some base and then give it an original style with other sw tools. The original trial (beta) version of Redefine should probably have gone elsewhere, but it didn’t – instead, a real digital paintbrush was born. No more outdated oil paintings! For now, the artist is limited to choosing the same thing over and over – girls, menacing (but tamed) felines, and the like. Not only deep learning, but also broad training is needed.

Oh, and the Topaz Girl, she has magic power, even if she’s modestly in the background, as I can see. Topaz Girl’s Adventures in Wonderland is waiting to be written – illustrations are already in full production.

1 Like

While we await the next build, we again revisit the Adventures Of Topaz Girl & Her People! These were generated out of WOMBO Dream abstract originals using Gigapixel Redefine at 4X with Creativity=6, Texture=3 on a few Dells with NVIDIA 4090s.

I did probably over 1000 of these renders while this Redefine model is what it is, who knows what changes are coming!

It’s interesting to note that a lot of the time, the Topaz faces don’t take on the surrounding art style but tend to stand out on their own.

Sample source images, full frame, reduced (after Redefining) and before people-peeping at 100%:

Some fun results out of hundreds or more possibilities:

2 Likes

OMG. That’s tons of upscaled images. What sizes are they? How do you store them all?

Does that mean you’re able to batch process tons of pics at once? Or, are you running all 50+ IT computers with single image jobs at the same time all day?

That is interesting the way the faces pop. I assume you aren’t masking for that to happen.

Clearly, I’m intrigued! :wink:

Finished 4X GPAI WOMBO Redefined renders as JPEG are about 14MB each. I store them on external hard drives. Including the original WOMBO’s it’s about 23GB of stuff thus far (almost done).

No masking on the faces, and no text prompts.

As for the computing power, of course we can only run two instances of the app at a time as per licensing, so that was my max. I just ran 'em all day long, ha!

Interestingly, out of 4 different Dells I tried, only 1 was stable the whole time. The other 3 (same specs) gave either crashes while batch rendering or a distortion in the results. I didn’t bother trying a 5th one, I just relaunched GPAI on the problematic ones and kept going…

I should post an animal series as well! Here is one from the recent batch, Book Of Revelation-ready:

Ironically, these 2 scenic crops are from the same image as The Beast above:

Full-frame:

Don’t get bit by this thing!

1 Like

That is interesting.

So, it’s not enough just to have a system spec’d out “right” to run these things.

Thanks for the details.

BTW, the bird with the pink flowers is kinda cool. Is it possible to have a shallower depth of field when you run images like that (so if you wanted the pinks/blues/purples florals softer focus and the bird and branches to stand out more sharply, you could)?

Yeah, it seems to be very hardware-specific but I haven’t dug any deeper into it. But this does prove it might not be the software when problems occur!

As for the bird, you can dip into other software options to add this effect post-render, as the Redefine result is what it is:

But this chain of creativity from app to app is what makes this process so fun!

Just finished, a few more crops:

1 Like

I just put in Gigapixel Idea’s page the ability to copy and paste in the prompt section instead of ctrl+v
How about you all give some input for this feature…Also just bought a 100 credits for 25$ for us beta testers maybe 5$ for a hundred credits…? would really be nice if it could be even cheaper…
Vote vote vote vote…

I used a blank image Jpeg and a prompt and used 3+credits or more and this is what came out…Seeing as it was a blank jpeg Giga came up with this…when using a blank image a warning should pop up informing the user that a blank image wont work right now…?Just so we dont waste any credits…?

1 Like

I think this is probably the case when GAI produces artifacts on a more or less (or completely) color uniform surface. Every version of GAI on my computer does it for me (I don’t care about using the cloud, I haven’t tried it there, but the relevant algorithm is surely the same). This shortage continues and is not resolved. That’s why I can use GAI very little, I have to use another sw. It makes no sense for me to renew the license until this is fixed. I have a lot of photos with gray or blue sky or blurred green background (bird photography) where this shows. I tried artificially created solid color squares (various colors), and it made a kind of texture out of the solid color.

That bird with antlers made of branches, that’s something amazing!

Each time I test this it is painfully slow.
Is there any way to get an idea of what the result will be in a reasonable time frame?

1 Like

In the last beta run I already asked for a clock or something that shows time left. Maybe they are working on it?

1 Like

Here are 2 pics…The one showing the credits is weird because in the Topaz window on the cloud button shows 6 credits but in the cloud after render shows it used 3(So there does seem to be a problem in the use of credits(Dont get me wrong it is too my advantage this time but maybe not for Topaz)first is the pic I was working on..


Also when rendering text it blurs the text…? Anyone know of the prompt to show the text really clear…?Also look the topaz demons are out with a few other dragons…

You seem to be using a Mac. Redefine is not optimized for Macs right now (which is why I have been over on the PCs lately…). Seriously, do not try this on Mac right now! I am sitting at a M1 Studio Ultra (in the office) and I can’t use it for this.

Classic Gigapixel functions work fine though.

1 Like

Hopefully they are working on the mac release for you Mac guys and gals…Never used a Mac before so I dont know…

I know, I am so good at this (kidding!). Here’s another view for you.

2 Likes

very nice…

Thanks, the original:

Hopefully Redefine IS optimized for Macs soon. A lot of us are Mac Users…

Thanks! A wise forest sage hiding in the body of a bird with antlers like a tree… He fits into any story as a positive character. It’s perfect for Topaz Girl’s Wonderland. Maybe add a strong branch under his feet to support it all. Floating with all this and talking to the so far hidden Topaz Girl is uncomfortable, strenuous. A very nice bird.

1 Like