Gigapixel v7.4.0

Sorry to hear that! We are looking into this issue. Would you mind sharing your log file with us as well?

Hope this helps…

Richard

Logs.zip (57.8 KB)

2 Likes

Every time I try to open it it just loads up then closes. Tried using admin rights etc. Nope just crashes every load.

Will head back to 7.3.2.

1 Like

Hello - I’m sorry to hear that! Can you please share your logs folder as well? This would be very helpful for us to reproduce and fix the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same problem!
JC

John - can you also please post or DM me your log file? :slight_smile:

I have the same problem after updating Gigapixel, it opens for two seconds, then crushes and closes. Using Win11 on AMD and Nvidia.

How? I can not open the app.

I was able to open the new version, but I looks like it doesn’t like some settings, e.g. when disabling the Lens Correction it will shut down…

1 Like

Same happens to me on Win 11 PC. CPU Intel 8559K and GPU Nvidia GTX 1080

There should be a logs file on your machine you can navigate to:
/Users/{Username}/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Gigapixel AI/Logs

Thank you - this may be the issue or related. @rfmoya, @alanhusband-677420, @sandhill, @john.cashen – can you please verify if you also have Lens Correction disabled on your Gigapixel preferences as well by chance?

In order to check you will need to revert to 7.3.2

Many thanks @Fideldideidodum this will help us fix the issue sooner.

Cheers

In my case lens correction was disabled.

I re-enabled it in v7.3.2, then reinstalled v7.4 over it. The app hasn’t crashed on launch.

I’ll now test a bit further.

EDIT: Seems to be working ok

2 Likes

I just now confirmed that my "Lens Correction” preference setting is “disabled.” It was previously “disabled” when I updated to v7.4.0, and I have not changed this (disabled lens correction) setting in a long long time…

R.

1 Like

Fabulous - looks like that may be the core issue then. Glad this fix worked for you two @rfmoya and @alanhusband-677420. We will deploy a fix shortly nonetheless I am sure. Will update this post when we do.

Just to confirm, I have NOT YET tried v7.4.0 again. I’m gonna stick to v7.3.2 ’til I hear the “All Clear” announcement for v7.4.x…

R.

1 Like

Gotcha - well we were able to test/reproduce on our end and it certainly seems like the issue and the fix. You can also adjust the .plist or registry to enable lens correction on 7.4.0 but that’s brutal.

Will update this thread when a hotfix is ready.

Hi Dakota,

If we turn on Lens Correction to update (I keep it on Off) can we then turn it off again after the install?

Or, will that make 7.4 crash? Win 11.

Didn’t know if it was an install process issue or an ongoing ops issue. If the latter, I’ll wait for a patch.

Thx!

I was not able to find the “Library” part of the path you gave.
I checked Program Files and found the path Topaz Labs … Logs but the log folder was empty.
JC

Sadly it will currently cause the crash. Until our fix is pushed. I’ll update the post to clarify.

1 Like