Gigapixel v6.3.3

Yes. The saved images will be watermarked though.

1 Like

Since I didnā€™t have 6.3.0 any more, I upgraded to 6.3.2. When I first tried it, I had the exact same problem, so I then tried selecting the processing method. I found that, if I used the CPU to process it, the results were fine; when I used the GPU (Gigabyte GTX 980 from circa 2015), I got the banding back again. So, I guess I can use 6.3.2 for the moment just using the CPU, but, as others have noted, it takes much longer for processing. Since I have 115 images to upscale at the moment, you can guess Iā€™m not thrilled with the delay.

Incidentally, I found one other issue, which became clear when you worked on the DNG I sent you. Originally, I wanted to use a later process in LR than I originally used in 2007, so I made a virtual copy of the DNG and processed it with the latest process version (5, I believe) until I got it as I wanted it. What I found is that, of course, I couldnā€™t simply send you the DNG I had on disc and have it look the same, since it didnā€™t contain the latest processing adjustments, which only existed in the virtual copy. (This was not a problem when using Gigapixel from within LR, because LR would make a TIFF copy with all the proper adjustments and run Gigapixel on that.) So, I went back to the virtual copy and exported it as a DNG. I find that, when I open the resulting exported DNG in Photoshop, it has all the proper Camera Raw settings and looks the way I intended it. However, if I open that same exported DNG in Gigapixel, it doesnā€™t reflect any of the new adjustments and looks very much like the screenshot you posted above. I donā€™t know why Gigapixel wasnā€™t reading those adjustments as Photshop does, but it meant that I had to follow the same routine that LR uses internally and first export the DNG to a TIFF before running it through Gigapixel to get the image looking right to begin with. Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s the way Gigapixel is supposed to work or not, but I can send the relevant files if you would like them.

**Gigapixel AI - face recovery doesnt work after 6.2.x **

My system is Win10_64 , i5-2500k , RTX 3060 with latest nvidia drivers. The face recovery doesnt work after version 6.2.x including the latest 6.3.2 with all models installed neither on CPU nor GPU .

The strange thing is that the face recovery works fine on version 6.1 .

Can someone advise or help with that ?

Thank you in advance !

I have the same problem that you have. Did you find a solution?

# rockair-118938 do you mean my problem ? No i dont have any solution for it . I am waiting Topaz developers to finally provide any solution for this .

Do you remember the application prompting you to download models after installation, when you opened it for the first time? If yes, did you try deleting all the models and redownloading them when prompted again? Are you connected to internet when you use the application? Do you have anything blocking downloads, such as virus protection or custom firewall settings?

I have some 1900 vintage B&W family photos that I tested 6.3.2 on. Each of the different models provided a slightly different rendition of the 4x upscale. What stood out as odd was the blue blotches that appeared in some areas of the HQ version. Easy enough to neutralize them again, but it seemed strange that none of the other models tried to add color to the B&W.

Same Identical problem that I am having with version 6.3.2. Previous version 6.30 worked fine.

If you were addressing it to me, the only solution was to shift to using the CPU only, which slows things way down. Strange that my GPU would cause problems with 6.3.x, as it worked fine on 6.2.2 and is anything but a new model.

Yes i tried this to delete and reinstall all the models but this didnt help . I suspect the older CPU can cause that ā€¦

We included a fix for face model not working for certain Nvidia gpus from 6.2.X in this version. So the fix prob can work for your case. Please try to have the models installed and let us know. About model installation, you can contact https://support.topazlabs.com. They have seen and handled much more such cases than us, and can even send you files directly.

Iā€™m not sure if this was a glitch. When using it yesterday on a heavily cropped picture, the after picture was completely blurred. All the other Topaz products I use are working fine. I have the latest version. I hope this is temporary as I do find this program useful for heavily cropped pictures.

Can you try cpu and let us know if it makes things normal. Thanks

have u resolve ? i have the same problem :-/

This is far and away the best product of its type on the market. Itā€™s changed the way I approach new projects, support is professional and truly helpful, and it gets better with each new release ā€“ unlike other products that seem to keep being dumbed-down. Gigapixel AI is already easy to use. Please donā€™t change the UI.

1 Like

Since the uninstall file is not there, I just deleted the Gigapixel AI Beta and the Gigapixel AI folders. I then installed a fresh copy of the released program and it contained the uninstall file.

1 Like

Hi i have updatet to 6.3.2 and now with the option Face recovery it comes to me all images blury.
I have a Surface Book 3.

I can not get anything to launch from the download

I just wanted to say Iā€™m really impressed with the new Standard and HQ models in the new 6.3 update. The quality is a level above the old models. Fantastic work!

I have tried the latest version 6.3.2 as already wrote and the Face Recovery still doesnt WORK !
It works fine on 6.1.0 .