Gigapixel v5.5.2

I reported the aliased and pixelated preview issue for win10 on the first and second beta release. I presume your on win10 too and use the windows display scaling options in the OS settings?

This is pretty old (2008 MBP :wink: )

1 Like

I am awaiting some reply to this critical issue. So far, silence and frustration for Mojave users.

1 Like

The developer is aware, I suspect they are trying to find a fix.

Earlier development versions of the 5.5.0 app did not have this issue, only the last one. So hopefully they can pin down what changed right before release time.

1 Like

Wow, guys, what did you do? You messed up everything, the program worked fantastic before this update. Now it takes forever to download some model or something, that wasnā€™t there before, everything happened in seconds. Now I wait incredibly long, it totally messes up my workflow. My preview now is with jagged edges, like it doesnā€™t have antialiasing or something, I donā€™t know but I canā€™t tell how my image will look. And I canā€™t tell what should I put my setting on CPU or GPU? Which one is faster? The program is absolutely useless to me in this state, I am so dissapointed! :disappointed:

4 Likes

Look at this, this is simply feom changing from 4x to 2x. This took half a minute waitingā€¦

Donā€™t the models download from aws like VEAI? It should be as fast as your connection allows. :grimacing:

My connection is 150 megabits/s or 16 megabytes/s. I think itā€™s fast enough!

Open Gigapixel AI and if you go to Help and press on Changelog, it will take you to the page with all the installers. There you can download the installer for 5.4.5 version that was working fine for Mojave. Make sure you uninstall the 5.5.0 version before you install the 5.4.5 version. Hope it works.

1 Like

Iā€™m on a 2017 5k iMac running High Sierra and the download worked fine for me, unlike the folks running Mojave, but each time I tried using Gigapixel AI it constantly crashed. I was on my 4th crash before going back to a previous version. Iā€™d really like to use the Low Compression mode though. Sure hope they get this fixed for everyone. Thanks for all the work you folks do. :slight_smile:

Curious why you stay so far back with the OS on such a ā€œrecentā€ computer? You no longer receive security updates and developers may no longer make compatible apps for it.

Iā€™ve tried both Mojave & Catalina and didnā€™t like the way they ran - there was always some program that wouldnā€™t act properly, and since High Sierra works so well for my workflow, Iā€™ve stayed on it. I do follow the forums at MacRumors for Big Sur, and with all the problems a lot of folks are having with it, well, Iā€™m sticking to what works.

For anyone having issues with the installer on Mac, please use this version:

https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazGigapixelAI/5.5.0/TopazGigapixelAI-5.5.0-osx-Full-Installer.dmg

Thank you.

Installation falls over - first with a (Chinese?) message about a file not being found and now, three times, at downloading component 53/110 I get the error ā€œUnable to download component ggn-v1-fp32-192x192-2x-ov: file not foundā€.
This is via the applicationā€™s software update method - Iā€™ll try a download of the complete exe file (2.9GB - really??!!) and see how that goes.

Edit: the full download worked Ok. The model download seems slow to me but the enlargement output at 4x using ā€œstandardā€ looks very good.

I know, itā€™s always a gambleā€¦ Iā€™ve got Mojave on three older laptops, Catalina on an iMac and Big Sur on an M1 MBP.

1 Like

Try just waiting it outā€¦ it tends to sit there for up to 15+ secs (at least on my Win 10 CPU system). Then all of sudden it should run and complete.

Yep, just the same with my system.

1 Like

I updated to v5.5.0 and the software doesnā€™t work anymore. :frowning_face: It crashes to desktop at ~8% of the preview generation stage. I tried many different combinations - GPU/CPU processing, download models off/on, updating my display drivers to the latest version, installing from the full installer instead of updatingā€¦ nothing works. It keeps crashing as soon as I load an image.

My config:
AMD Threadripper 3970x 32-cores, 64 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, RTX 3090 24GB + GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.928

I get an error saying: ā€œUnable to download component Qt: File not foundā€

Should I ignore it?

The new 5.5 Window version is stuck at 2 % of downloading the model as well then freezes. I checked Disable model downloading and now the program crashes when I up load a picture. You guys do this to me every new version. It gets to a point where I am afraid to upload your new versions as they mostly all crash till you fix the bugs.

2 Likes