- Stability improvements on MacOS Mojave and MacOS High Sierra.
- Application should no longer crash when “Disable Model Downloading” is turned on, with CPU set in the Preferences, and processing begins when no models have been downloaded.
- Fixed crashes for when application encounters an error while processing. An error message will show up instead.
- Fixed cropped images not processing when crop box’s left side is on the left of the image, or the top side is on the top of the image
- AI engine has been brought into Gigapixel. This should greatly improve performance on modern hardware.
- All models updated for those on newer hardware. These models should be slightly sharper than the legacy models
- New model - “Very Compressed”
- New trial flow. No more 30-day trials, but instead a trial will place a watermark on your image
- “Send Feedback” option in the Help menu - have a feature request you want to send to the dev team? Use this option to send us a 500-character report.
- Interactive tooltips have been added for each model, to get a quick sense of what each can do
- Controls tutorial has been slightly updated
- Better caching when saving
- Preview window should not show as blank before previewing for the first time
- Filenames should elide in the middle instead of the left
- DNG support should be fully-functional for those coming from pre-5.4.x versions of Gigapixel
- “Loading images” text no longer overlaps the FileListView caret
- Saving text has been changed to show you what the program is doing when processing (downloading, processing, finishing, etc.)
For those wanting to download all of the models and circumvent downloading the optimized models when they’re used, you can download them here:
To load the models into Gigapixel, do the following:
- Make sure Gigapixel is closed.
- Unzip the contents of the download that corresponds with your operating system
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\tgrc on Windows, or /Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz Gigapixel AI/tgrc on Mac
- Copy the contents of the unzipped archive into the folder in step 3.
- Open Gigapixel AI and verify that “Downloading Optimized Models” does not show up.