Gigapixel v5.4.5

Great. I hope new speed of Denoise and Sharpen will also come to Gigapixel.

1 Like

Why when i upscaling one image, GPAI remember settings but when i upscaling 2 or more image then GPAI do not remember file format and color profile ?

It will - weā€™ve got a few more things to iron out but itā€™ll be pulled in for our big April release of Gigapixel (slated for the 21st). If youā€™d like to check it out before then, we always need more beta testers :slight_smile:

What do you mean?

Great. How i can be beta tester?

Added you to the beta group. The Gigapixel AI beta with the updated AI engine + new AI models will be going out on the 7th of next week, so keep an eye out!

2 Likes

Great. Thanks

That sounds good, Iā€™m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Can I get into the beta as well?

You should be in both the Video & Photo beta groups now :slight_smile: Let me know if you canā€™t see the ā€œPhoto Beta Testingā€ section of the forums.

One image: GPAI remember last settings:

Multiple Image: GPAI not remember last settings:

1 Like

Thanks. BTW, is the next version going to have similar results between GPU and CPU? I tested out the latest beta and CPU is still giving me an overall sharper image.

So I think I was in violent agreement with youā€¦ that it should be a Pref or other Setting one could establish. Based on what I said above. I believe itā€™s MAI that gives users the option to write to a new layer or over-write the launch layer. That same type of capability/choice would be good in all the plugin products. Iā€™m always concerned Iā€™m going to torch something I shouldnā€™t if I allow overwrites and it makes it horrendous to back up (vs delete a layer) to step backward through steps if the changes get baked in. If someone knows for sure theyā€™re ready to jump off the bridge and commit to a change it likely would be preferable to have fewer layers and potentially less file memory genā€™d.

Agree with all of this. The reason Iā€™d like this option is because Gigapixel is usually my very first action after opening an image so itā€™s not going to interfere with work history. If Iā€™m working on a lot of images, having to manually delete the original layer every single time is annoying.

1 Like

That is never going to happen. I suspect is its a hardware limitation.

Using trial version of v5.4.5 on Win 10. No issues with crashes, etc. but I am very disappointed in functionality for my application. I was hoping for truly ā€œintelligentā€ upscaling that would recognize pixel jaggies on a low-res image and eliminate them on upscaling. No such luck. I just see sharper jaggies. Useless to me in all the Gigapixel AI modes.

A true AI might recognize, for example, the smooth curve of a fabric drape and eliminate the pixel problem. Not happening here.

Iā€™m upscaling some Cyberpunk 2077 fanart I found a while back and the results that it provides are kinda disappointing.

Original

Upscaled (Standard)

Upscaled (Art)

Iā€™m not sure why the AI is applying so much red to the faces after trying two different models. Itā€™s not how the original looks at all. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Youā€™re upscaling a jpeg that was compressed with chroma subsampling (meaning it had loss of color information, so I believe itā€™s trying to undo that). Also, in my experience with the software, anything above 2x resolution on digital artwork will have poor results, thatā€™s just a limitation of the AI. 2x should be more than enough for that image anyways.

1 Like

Retried following the 2x option. Much better. Iā€™ll keep that in mind for anything else I do.

7th of next week? Did you mean 7th of next month, i.e. April 7th? :slight_smile: Anyway I am excited to hear that the faster AI engine and retrained models are in testing, woooohoooooooooooo!