Gigapixel v5.4.5

Just tried this feature of ACR 13.2 and impressed by nothing but speed. No adjustments, no preview… Dev\null. The output is not even comparable to Topaz GAI.

1 Like

My 1st tests of it have given me the same impression as you. Meh. I’m more impressed by being able to edit/move around my ACR panels to an order I prefer!

Are you running a super computer? My Ryzen 5 runs at 4.2 GHz

If you get a picture posted on PetaPixel do you send them a petafile?

1 Like

OMG. I was just drinking (coffee!!!) and I nearly choked - and definitely spit it across the room laughing!!! LOL

1 Like

I wish I could get more. But my ThreadRipper will only stay stable at that speed. RAM at 2666Mhz. Never a problem. ,… oh, ha ha, I just saw… funny. Yeah okay.

I don’t see anything there that would justify the huge slowdown.

GPU - RTX 5000

CPU -TR 3960X - No Vino

1 Like

Ok why GP AI (Standard, Architectural, Art mode), add more contras to photo ? and compress mode reduced contrast ?

you need to zoom in to see the difference in details.

I did the same experiment with CPU/GPU and after zooming i can see the detail.

set the same zoom for both CPU and GPU and compare side by side and you will see the difference.

Just a zoom and compare , you can see the CPU is more detailed than gpu.

this is just one instance in the image.

Left is CPU and right is GPU.

another one, this one is clear. CPU on left , GPU on right

1 Like

Feature request here. I know this will anger everyone who hates change, so perhaps just consider it as an optional feature. Could Gigapixel’s Photoshop plugin behave the same way as DeNoise so the output of the plugin replaces the original layer rather than creating a new one?

Sorry. Hate that idea. Need to be able to step back through layers.

It’s not a matter that (wow!) those who don’t agree are ‘allergic to change’.

It is a practical usage issue wrt Ps layers. Being able to utilize Ps’ History (of layers) functionality means being able to maintain discrete steps on discrete Ps layers.

There are Ps plugins (from various providers, including Adobe, Topaz & others) that give users the ability - in Prefs/Settings - to choose whether the output from said plugin will be placed onto a new layer or overwrite the current layer and nuke it’s starting content.

If anything, my preference - since I, personally, like change - would be that more Topaz plugin products don’t overwrite the launching host layer and create a duplicate to prevent mishaps. I always make a duplicate layer before launching any Topaz Ps plugin.

1 Like

Sure. Everyone hates features that they don’t intend to use. That’s why I suggested making it optional.

I love this! Have been wishing for a long time but never thought it would happen!

There is one feature that I’d like a lot but still missing: In addition to setting target values for image width, height or magnification factor I’d appreciate a setting für target image size in megapixels. Shoudn’t be too hard to add. I would love to see this feature in one of the updates to come.

2 Likes

Great suggestion. I support that ideas as well.

Tell you what, I’ve now got an M1 MacBook Pro running Big Sur and I’ve never seen Gigapixel move so fast!

I cued up 139 old 4-megapixel images at 4X and it’s chewing right through them.

1 Like

Any Numbers?

I am watching now…

Of course it varies by source size, but (according to the reports in the batch list), going from:

2816 x 2112px to 11264 x 8448 = 3:32 mins.

3456 x 4608px to 13824 x 18432 = 9:50 mins.

4808 x 3456px to 18432 x 13824 = 22:51 mins., while others of the same dimensions took 27:07 and 51:17 mins.

At times the screen went to sleep; not sure if this affected the processing. I just set display sleep to 1 hour.

Is that what you were looking for?

Back when I was using a MacBook Air and v4-something of GP, it could take an hour per image…

PS: This was a fresh install of GP 5.4.5. Upon first launch it crashed as I tried to get the batch going, but the second launch has held up for about 6 hours now (53/139 images processed).

PPS: While GP normally locks up lesser computers, the M1 keeps going. I just launched and updated Firefox over wi-fi with no discernible lags during the update and subsequent browsing. This while GP is supposedly not fully optimized for M1.

thx. :+1: