Gigapixel v5.1.4

Excellent, thank you! All’s well now. :slight_smile:

A day of procrastination paid off. My PC download and install went well. Here is a screenshot of a small image I downloaded from the Internet. I use these to make LUT’s for Photoshop and Lightroom. I like to emulate the looks in certain movies when they work with my images.

Here is one with the latest iteration of Gigapixel. A little hard to see here but face and jacket are much better.

2 Likes

Mac installer worked without issue on Macbook Pro.

Wireless connection so it was a little bit slower than at home.

Hi taylor
Could you tell me if Gigapixel now works in Photoshop 6? Your comments seem to suggest it does but after I installed v5.1.4 I still do NOT have access to Gigapixel in PS6, perhaps this only works with the ONLINE version? If so let me request that it be made to work with Photoshop 6 also.

Hi Taylor,

Just to confirm 5.1.4 seems to have fixed the known issue in 5.1.3 of Gigapixel failing to return the resized image to Photoshop. Many thanks!

Regards,

Nick.

I was informed that because PS6 is no longer available for sale it would not be supported as a host for the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback…that is too bad as I’ll NEVER RENT Photoshop. I would point out that even though PS6 is no longer available for sale ALL the other MANY Topaz plugins I have DO work with PS6 and so should Gigapixel.

2 Likes

Don’t worry I also use PS6 but I can also understand their position as there is no support from Adobe for any issues.

Good point Don…thanks again for the feedback. Bottom line is I like Gigapixel and will continue to use it anyway I can. :wink:

1 Like

Just updated to version 5.1.4 crashed out twice in trying to down size an image.

When you fix “red stripes bug” when “Use maximum Quality AI Models” and GPU Acceleration is enabled. This bug is only on Gigapixel Application and this is not from OS, drivers or PC component.

RTX 2080Ti 451.85/452.06
Z390 + i7 9700KF

3 Likes

I hadn’t check this version until just now, but the blurry image above 6x issue is still there. Using a two step process of smaller enlargements to end up above 6X does produces a good result so we have a work around if needed.

1 Like

Yep. In some pictures only 2x 4x 6x has better quality and 7x+ has blury image.

Please can you tell me HOW to get the previous version of this software ?

I installed 5.1.4 and it crashes out.

5.1.3 worked fine.

PS - as a sidenote - I’d prefer that software isn’t updated every week at a rate of x.x.1 because it seems it gets done so with bugs in it (I guess so your customers can test it for you…).

CPU upscaling works correct.

OpenVINO upscaling works correct.

GPU upscaling works correct only 2x.

GPU upscaling 4x, 6x, and custom has red stripes bug in some jpg and custom upscaling has blurry image bug on some jpg.

And why Gigapixel has no webp image support ?

I have 9700KF 5,1GHz OC + DDR4 3733MHz CL14 OC + RTX 2080Ti + SSD NVME + SSD SATA + Windows 10 20H2 beta and Gigapixal works stable.

https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazGigapixelAI/5.1.3/TopazGigapixelAI-5.1.3-windows-x64-Full-Installer.exe

A new version of Gigapixel has been released. You can find the release thread here.

Thanks!