Gigapixel plugin photoshop problem

Gigapixel should work as a plugin in photoshop but it does not, says file was not found when invoking it via the automate button.

What version of Photoshop?

Photoshop 21.1.1 and Giga 5.1.0, both the very latest versions. iMac Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6

Have you tried running GigaPixel first as a standalone before opening PS. BTW nothing can install if PS is running.

Yes I have, and PS was not running when I upgraded Gigapixel.

By the way, thanks for getting back to me on this!

Seems to be a general issue, @taylor.bishop could you have a look at this please.

@picman please upload copies of you logfiles here. They can be found under the Help menu.

1 Like

Hi @picman,

Could you upload an example image that it happens with here? Also, could you upload a screenshot of your Photoshop workspace with the picture open to that same link? I’m specifically looking for what the layers look like on the image (if any besides the Background), as well as what your general setup looks like.

Thank you for your help in solving this issue!

Will be happy to do all that in an hour have to rush away just now.

I tried to upload logfiles but the system says those type of files are not allowed. How can I circumvent this?

I uploaded them to the address from taylor.bishop and that went OK.

I’ve uploaded two logfiles, a quicktime movie with what happens and view of the complete photoshop and a picture it happens with. I should say however it happens with any picture, I’ve tried several and the response is just the same. I then also tried it on my Macbook pro and the result is just the same.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi @picman,

I believe I’ve found the solution to this issue and hope you can help test out a solution for me, before I distribute it in next Wednesday’s release.

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
  2. Please download this file.
  3. Go to Launchpad, and open the “Terminal” application.
  4. Drag the downloaded file into “Terminal”.
  5. Some text will appear in the “Terminal” application. Click inside the “Terminal” application and hit enter.

The terminal application will now look similar to this (yours may have a white background instead):

1. Open Photoshop and try the plugin again. Does it work now?

Apologies for the annoyance in having to do this - I do appreciate your help in testing the solution! Let me know if you run into any issues running this script, or if the plugin still doesn’t work. We’ll get it fixed ASAP either way.

Thank you!

Hi taylor.bishop

I tried what you sent me and unfortunately it did not work. A small remark: copying the file in terminal window results in “permission denied” even when I tried it as su user. I then copied the commands line by line, pasted them in terminal, hit return until all lines where done. I guess that was OK too? I then opened gigapixel and closed it again, and then opened photoshop with the same file I sent you. After invoking the automate command I got the same error concerning a file not found.

By the way I am happy to help figuring this out.

I sent you some recent logfiles to the same address as before.

Cheers, Bob.

I’m also experiencing the same problem as Picman on my Imac. Gigapixel runs fine on lightroom but not in Photoshop

Firstly as this is a public forum you should remove your email from your username.

What OS and what version of PS?

OS 10.13.6 ans PS 2020 release 21.2.1

Hi picman,

Thanks for testing that! Let’s try something else - I’ve updated the plugins and uploaded them in a .zip here.

1. Close Photoshop
  2. Unzip the new PS plugin folder linked above. Copy the three .plugin files in the folder.
  3. In Finder, go to Applications → Topaz Labs LLC → Topaz Gigapixel AI → right-click “Topaz Gigapixel AI” and "Show Package Contents → Contents → Resources → PS_Plugins
  4. Paste the three .plugin files here - this will replace the current PS plugin with the updated one.
  5. Restart Photoshop and try the plugin again.

Let me know if this works!

Hi aberger49,

Can you try replacing your Gigapixel Photoshop plugin with the updated ones found here? My team’s unable to reproduce this on our devices, so I’ll need some help verifying the potential fix. Here’s how to replace the old one with the updated one:

1. Close Photoshop
  2. Unzip the new PS plugin folder linked above. Copy the three .plugin files in the folder.
  3. In Finder, go to Applications → Topaz Labs LLC → Topaz Gigapixel AI → right-click “Topaz Gigapixel AI” and "Show Package Contents → Contents → Resources → PS_Plugins
  4. Paste the three .plugin files here - this will replace the current PS plugin with the updated one.
  5. Restart Photoshop and try the plugin again.

Let me know if this works!

Hi taylor.bishop,

Sorry to have to let you know that did not work either. I tried it as you said, I also tried it after restarting the mac, I tried it with the latest PS version 2020 21.2.1, also with the latest version of Photoshop Elements and with the older Photoshop CS6. It always gave the same error about a file not found.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks for the reply. I tried replacing the files and unfortunately still got the message stating gigapixel would not start since PS couldn’t find the file.
Arnie

I was able to find the fix for this and verify it with one of our team members. Here’s the updated plugins - the steps are the same as my original reply but I’ll post them again here just in case. These plugins should work with MacOS 10.12 and above.

Make sure Photoshop is closed before doing this:

1. Download the updated plugins from this link.
  2. Unzip this folder.
  3. Copy the three .plugin files in the unzipped folder.
  4. In Finder, navigate to Applications → Topaz Labs LLC → Topaz Gigapixel AI → Right click Topaz Gigapixel AI and select “Show Package Contents” → Contents → Resources → PS_Plugins
  5. Paste the three updated .plugin files into this folder. This will replace the plugin files with the updated ones
  6. Restart Photoshop and try the plugin again.

Let me know if you have any other issues, thank you!