Gigapixel AI v4.5.0

yes I am using an Administrator account

In overall, nice speed improvements over 4.4.6! Auto option works at last, but sometimes, when preview doesn’t refresh itself under selected Auto setting, I need to move the picture around to force this :slight_smile:

I still see severe banding in GPU mode (RTX 2080 card, Windows 7), which in CPU mode doesn’t appear:

This very image for testing :slight_smile:

I also see Auto option setting the Suppress Noise at 20 and Remove Blur at 80 quite often, on small images (192x192 thumbs for example), when returning from bigger scaling to smaller (from 4x to 2x for example), when at the first preview (after dropping the image) the Auto setting suggested 2x and 3x respectively.
Correction: this 20|80 setting comes from PREVIOUS image in queue, which has got Auto set at those values, and it seems, those values are being “transferred” for another image, when Auto is selected.

OK next thing you can try is to go to the application directories on both the Program and
folders and ProgramData folders and delete any folder in Topaz Labs or Topaz Labs LLC that contains the word GigaPixel.

Then go to the Local AppData folder, type %LocalAppData% in the Explorer search bar and press enter, then delete any folder in Topaz Labs or Topaz Labs LLC that contains the word GigaPixel.

After that type Regedt32 in the Taskbar search, press enter and delete any entries in either HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Topaz Labs LLC and then delete any entry that contains the word GigaPixel.

Then you can open the Control Panel, again from the search in the Taskbar, then go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and attempt to uninstall any GigaPixel program. It should ask you to delete the entry because they are no longer there.

Then, using a Administrator account, install GigaPixel.

1 Like

I have a question about this update. For someone using the previous versions and not interested in any of the UI changes, are there any points to upgrade?

Are the AI models updated with each new release? That’s really my question.

thanks for your answer, I have just solved it by a different method. I finally found a link to the previous versions of Gigapixel and I was then able to install the previous version again, and once that had installed I was then able to uninstall it successfully.

Once that uninstall completed I was then able to install the new version, and it ran to completion and the install is working.

thanks for your help

2 Likes
  • loading multiple images instantly now
  • preview is not that small anymore
  • new version feels faster encoding

Yes there are new models. At first it seems better than the previous one but it tends to add some chroma noise on some images no matter the denoise settings applied compared to the old version.

I had a closer look into the new version and it has the same issue with larger images than the old version. In the preview window it looks between good and great dependend on how you move the part of the image view around but in the final saved result the details shown in the preview before are gone and the image in the same location looks blurry.

is there any work around? or share me the link for last stable version

You can try to split the image into smaller pieces not larger than 500 x 500 pixels, then batch process them with Gigapixel and merge them together again after.

This is an Awesome update and love the redesign! Everything appears to work as it should - at least for me. Thank you!!!

Too many issues in the work flow still. For example, if you want to process and save an image and you choose the options for that, then forgot something, return to work quick and after that want to save - finally, Gigapixel forgot all settings you made before: the file type, the saving path, everything. -.-

2 Likes

My version of the software is crashing after it seems to be in process of processing the image. At the end it just crashes. I’ve restarted the computer, downloaded new updates, nothing’s working. Weirdly the first image I did on an earlier version works but since then it’s crashing every time. Need it to work for a retouching project I’m working on right now so it’s frustrating. Windows 10 versions 1909

Here is an example on how the final result does still not match the preview even on the highest settings:

• In the middle you see gigapixel making a nice sharp preview of what it can do

• on the bottom you see the same preview slightly moved; suddenly a large part of the preview is blurry

• on the top you see the final processed and saved result. It often appers fully or - here - large partially blurred

While we carry around this issue for long now I wonder why Gigapixel advertised with lifetime free updates and upgrades should be supported with 50 bucks each year now only to get a faulty result all over again in every new version. -.-

[URL=http://picpaste.novarata.net/#b97834a886e0b70527f4f6b0af174184.png][/URL]
(click image to enlarge)

I always use cpu mode because of those glitches.

Using the CPU does not solve this issue I am afraid. Here is the final saved result via CPU usage:

Have they fixed the problem with Discrete GPU and banding with Nvidia cards?

I have both stable and beta version installed. Beta works fine without issues… the stable works with out crashes when run as administrator, with local user it crashes with face refinement…

Gigapixel v4.6 here: Gigapixel AI v4.6

Thanks for feedback, all!

1 Like