Frequent crashes

The program frequently crashes. Usually in the middle of making adjustments to a picture, the program closes. Although the memory holds the last few pics in the menu, it does not save the progress and requires reopening the pic and starting from scratch to make manual or automatic adjustments.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Open a photo and start processing
  2. App crashes without warning.
  3. Reopen app and start all over again.

This occurs after every 4-5 or 6 photos. Photo size doesn’t seem to matter.

Topaz Photo AI 2024 v2.4.1 on Windows

I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Thank you for your quick response to my post in the TPAI community. I prepared the system profile and ran TPAI for about 45 minutes trying to make it crash, but with no success, if that’s what you call it. In other words, after processing about a dozen photos in .tif, .jpg and RAW formats, the program wouldn’t crash. So, I’m not sure if the problem has been resolved or if I will experience again. That being said, I’ll continue to run it, I’m an amateur photographer and use the program a lot and will revisit this and send the profile and log if I run into the problem again.

Thanks again for reaching out.

Gerard

I’m glad things are working for you :slight_smile:

You can also reach out to us at the following link in the future:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Hello Again,

I began using TPAI this morning and processed 4 pictures, .tif format. After finishing the last photo, I minimized the app and returned to Photoshop to process a new picture. When I clicked the TPAI icon on the status bar, to reopen the app, it quit responding. After several tries to open the app from the icon on the status bar, I used the ‘right-click-close window’ command to close the app. I reopened it and was able to open the log folder and download latest log, which I’ve attached with my computer profile .txt file.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Gerard

2024-03-26-10-41-22.tzlog (22 KB)

DxDiag.txt (93 KB)