Freezing up and the slow nature of the subject selection brush

As Lightroom Plugin, during the export back to Lightroom, Photo AI froze and shows “Queue”.

Also, every time I use the brush to select the subject, it moves so slow and jerky that it is almost unusable. This is repeatable.

System specs:

Device name DESKTOP-L9I6SN6
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900K 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Device ID A5F4E394-3B0D-4494-BDC3-CE3D5B12AAE5
Product ID 00330-71462-68469-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
Driver Version 31.0.15.3623

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Please send me your full system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

Hi John,
I sent the dxdiag as requested.

Thank you,
Nick DiGennaro

I would like to see if updating your GPU driver will resolve the problem.

Please use the following link to update your driver: NVIDIA | Driver Update

After the update, let me know if you are still experiencing the problem.

Hi John,

I appreciate the help. I did update the NVIDIA driver and chose both the Topaz and Lightroom programs for optimization but it not made any difference in the problem.
Please advise.
Thank you,
Nick

Please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

John,
I attached the log files and also a screenshot showing the problematic task in Photo AI.
Thank you,
Nick

Thanks for sending in that screenshot of the application, it appears that you are using the Sharpen filter with the Selection tool.

We will need the actual file and not the screenshots, you should be able to attach the whole folder that contains all the tzlog files and submit them here or my Dropbox link above.

John,
I attached the folder if I understood you correctly. I wasn’t able to open it.
Thank you,
Nick

2024-03-26-15-56-12.tzlog (215 KB)

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the link below to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

I am seeing the same painfully slow select brush in Photo AI. The brush response is slow using a mouse, Wacom tablet, touchpad, and touch screen. I recently updated my Nvidia drivers and just updated the Intel graphics driver as well. I uploaded my system configuration a couple of days ago, but can do it again if it can’t be found. The brushes in photoshop are working well.

Michael, it looks like you and I are in the same place with this. The brushes in Lightroom are fine for me with no lag or jerkiness but the brush in Photo AI is practically unusable.

@nick.digennaro @michael.axelrod

If you are still experiencing problems please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Or you can send us an email at help@topazlabs.com.

Please make sure to include a link to this Forum post and your full system profile information.

I’m seeing the same problems with version 3.0.0.

Same issue here.