Faces do not get same level of lighting and color like other parts of an image after face recovery

When having face recovery together with lighting adjustment and color balance faces seem not to have all same filters applied as other parts of an image. There is also a specific rectangle visible from the face recovery processing step.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Enable face recovery
  2. Enable adjust lighting
  3. Enable color balance

face-color-bug

Topaz Photo AI v2.4.2 on Windows

I have not been able to replicate this on my machine with a few different images. Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

I have uploaded all requested files.

Thanks for sending in those files, I was able to replicate this problem you are reporting on my machine. I have reached out to some team members to see if we have any more information about this problem. In the meantime, I did notice that if you were to adjust some of the settings by lowering the Adjust Lighting feature this artifact seems to not be present.

Thank you for your help. I’m looking forward for more information.

Hello I am having a very similar issue, without using Color Balancing. When I do face recovery, and then use adjust lighting, it looks perfect in the preview, but when saved the adjusted lighting is not used for the face. You then get a cut off line around the neck area and a darker (or lighter!) face than the rest of the image.
It looks fine in preview, but once saved, and click on close to return to the image, the preview then updates with the error and shows the incorrect lighting as per the saved file. I need to remove the adjust lighting layer entirely to resolve the issue.
To recreate, make sure you save after adjusting the lighting level. My images are pretty much always auto upscaled if that helps.

Thanks!

Hello, i’m also having this issue. Very Frustrating . Applied face recovery, sharpen, remove noise, color correction, adjust lighting. Everything applies correctly until it does adjust lighting

Have you completed the output? I noticed that if you make some changes it will look okay in the preview window, but if you save the image it displays improperly with the boxes over the face.

Here is how it looks in the preview

here is how it saved

Our developers are looking into this issue that some users are reporting. I can assure you that they are working hard in order to address this issue in upcoming releases.