Face Detection Issue | v2.3.1

Since the update to version 2.3.1 2024 Release, the program hangs at “Autopilot/Detecting faces”. No further action is possible

9 Likes

We’ve had a few users report similar issues with this update and our developers are currently working on this issue and will resolve it quickly.

To get the developers more information to help troubleshoot this problem please send us your computer’s full system profile:

How To Obtain Your System Profile (Windows)

Also please go to Help > Open Log Folder, then send me all of the files within that folder.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

• Disable the Autopilot in the app’s Preferences > Autopilot menu
  • Uninstall the current application version and then revert back to Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0 using the following download link: Topaz Photo AI | v 2.3.0 | Windows Installer
2 Likes

Latest AI update: New update takes extremely long to load even if only one face is in picture. Spin of death…Detecting Faces

5 Likes

I’m having the same problem. It worked fine before. Tonight I opened an image and processed it with 2.3.0. Then a couple minutes later I ran the update to 2.3.1. And now the same image gets stuck on Detecting Faces. Tried it on multiple images and it keeps happening.

3 Likes

Please send me your system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

@tbdave If you can follow the above directions as well we can troubleshoot this all together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here. I’ll send the log as well.

I also see a lock next to the Facial Recognition and it says Face Detection Not Run.

1 Like

THis is also happening to me. Everything worked perfectly before the up date- now it hangs on face detection and goes no further so program efffectively no longer works.

3 Likes

Same issue for me!

1 Like

Just sent my profile information, too. I’m experiencing the same issue since the update.

1 Like

Same issue here, Sun Feb 4 2024 - also fine BEFORE update, and instant crash afterwards. FD spins, forever, nothing happens, can’t be bypassed, shows Not Run although it’s obviously trying.

1 Like

Same problem for me

1 Like

DxDiag.txt (89.4 KB)

@huw.g.thomas @james.foley @david.towler @jackiekancir @brink0949 @miles-93155 @michael.solomon-6544

Our developers are currently working on this issue and will resolve it quickly.

You can choose one of these two workarounds to resolve this issue:

• Disable the Autopilot in the app’s Preferences > Autopilot menu

• Uninstall the current application version and then revert back to Topaz Photo AI v2.3.0 using the following download link: Topaz Photo AI | v 2.3.0 | Windows Installer

If you are continue to experience these problems please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Opening image from Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022
  2. Opening Photo AI plugin
  3. Autopilot starts and stalls at Face Detection - runs into an endless loop.
  4. (Turning off autopilot does not help as autopilot starts even though it is disabled).
  5. (Same outcome if I start Photo AI standalone - goes into infinite loop at Face Detection)
  6. (Tried with other photos, with “better”, easy to detect face, too, same outcome).

Topaz Photo AI [v2.31] on [Windows]
Topaz Photo AI Installer Log.txt (4.5 MB)

1 Like

I am having the same problem, except that I am running Topaz Photo 2.3.1 natively and not as a plug-in.

1 Like

@brad.barnes

Having the exact same issues since upgrade to v2.3.1. Nothing different I can add.

1 Like

Thanks John…love the software.
Jim

1 Like

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

1 Like

Face detection is not working.

I am trying to photo graph flowers. PhotoAI tries to find a face bu obviously can’t and so it just keeps going and going.

Also had this hassle with a model it couldn’t find her face.

All I can do it seems to me is close the image down and go to another one.

Can’t seem to turn face detection off. As soon as I load the image to auto system starts

HELP

1 Like