Face detect issue

When I apply face detect to an image face detect does it magic on the face but abruptly ends at the chinline with no softening of the mask/transition into the neck.I am working on a large film scan, not a digital original file. If reduce the size by 50 percent the recovery extends into the body as expected, is there a resolution limit I am not aware of? I understand that it is “face detect” but as it is it requires a great deal ow work in Photoshop to soften this hard edge. Am I missing something? It seems that not too long ago there was the abilty to adjust the mask in an earlier version, I am working on 3.1. Any hints would be apprecited.
BD

Would you mind sending in some more information to get a better understanding of the problem you are having with this particular type of image? Please send the following information:

1. The original image file.
  2. The processed image.
  3. A screenshot or description of the settings panel so I can see what adjustments were turned on.

You can securely submit your image(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Dropbox File Request

Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

John
Thanks for the reply, I sent you files via Dropbox, apologies for the size but that is part of what I am trying to to determine, size limits with camera scanning
Thanks
Bill

It appears that we did not receive your files to the Dropbox, would you please try to send that in again?