Export preset not being saved

Hi,

Topaz 5.1.2 does not retain my default export setting of FFV1 at 4:4:4 10 bit. It keeps reverting to 4:2:0 8 bit every time I close and re-open Topaz. All my presets are similarly affected - I save them as 4:4:4 10 bit but they are always 4:2:0 8 bit. I have to keep manually over-riding this every time I load a preset or make a new one.

2024-06-11-16-22-34-Main.zip (61.4 KB)

1 Like

Testing this out now to try and replicate.

I was able to fix the problem with the actual presets by deleting them and re-making them all from scratch but changing the order I save the preset. There seemed to be a bug introduced a month or so ago (possibly the last version 4?) where a preset would “save” as soon as you ticked the checkbox to say that you wanted the export settings saved along with it. Prior to that bug you could check the checkbox then save it. Now what happens is as soon as you check that checkbox it goes back to the preset selection up the top right of the screen as if you never saved it properly in the first place. I am surprised this bug has persisted through three updates.

And in doing that, if you look at the xml file, it actually has a false value pertaining to saving the output settings. So this time around, I checked the save export settings checkbox first before even putting the cursor into the edit box to name the preset. This time around the resulting xml files had a true value and all the correct export information was there in the files. And when I load them up, it correctly shows 4:4:4 10 bit as the export setting.

That said, the other problem I have reported persists - and that is the default Topaz setting itself refuses to “keep” FFV1 at 4:4:4 10 bit AVI as a default export setting - no matter what it keeps going back to 4:2:0 8 bit every time I close and re-open the program.

Thank you for sharing that finding, I am making a note for the team to look at the changes from v4.2.2 to the latest release when it comes to the preset and default options as to what changed and why.

Thanks. It had been reported by others - we all noticed it at the same time but this was the first time I tried checking that checkbox first before putting the cursor into the edit box for naming. It is obviously something very simple - probably relating to the code that tells the program what to do when there is a click in that checkbox. Obviously nothing should happen other than the tick on the form and the corresponding variable in the program being updated. But the tick acts to close that dialog altogether.

So far as the FFV1 global export setting, since I have used that in previous versions it seems broken only for the version that came out yesterday plus the one before it. the one before that was OK I believe (not that global settings are a big deal for me since I only work off about 8 set presets and that is it).