Denoise AI - Bug Reports (meta data & hidden layers)

I am well aware that my choices for some software are not the “latest” but they work very well for my needs at this time. Regardless I felt you might want to know about these findings. The versions of the related software I use are below
Denoise AI 2.1.6
Mac OS 10.13.6
Preview 10.0
Photoshop 11.0.2 (CS4)
Lightroom 6.14

Two issues I have come across one is the masking of metadata and the second reporting of incorrect file size. Recipes to follow

Workflow 1.
LR Development and creation of exported TIF file - (all meta data visible in exported file.)
Right Click on the TIF file and Open With Denoise AI standalone, process/save (Reduced visible meta data set)
Run PS CS4 with the Denoise AI processed TIF file, process, save changes to TIF again (All meta data is now again visible.)

Workflow 2.
LR Development and creation of exported TIF file - (all meta data visible in exported file.)
Right Click on the TIF file and Open With Denoise AI standalone, process/save (Reduced visible meta data set)
Run Mac Preview (does a great job on quick highlights and shadows), save changes to TIF (reduced visible meta data remains.)
Run PS CS4 with the Denoise AI processed TIF file, process, save changes to TIF again (reduced visible meta data NOW PERMANENT and not viewable by any software)

Question: Why is Denoise AI hiding ANY meta data at any step of the processing other than changing the adjusting software name to Topazlabs and any other associated Topaz related changes.

Problem 2.
At times PS reports "not enough RAM to open file after being processed in Denoise AI standalone. Looking at the file info the files are under 200 MB in size which are no problem on a machine with 16 GB of RAM. If the file is very small (deep crop) it might open it but PS indicates in the layers drop down that the file can be flattened which suggests hidden layers created in the Denoise AI processing.
If the fie is near or full frame PS can not open it and it has to be opened by a program that does not see the hidden layers and when re-saved fully flattens the file which then can easily be opened in Photoshop including the Denoise AI processing without error - but again the Meta Data is a reduced set and permanent. Seems Denoise AI is not fully flattening the files on Save.

I believe you should raise a support request at the main website as the supported PS products are Photoshop Creative Suite 6 or Photoshop CC 2016-2020 and compatibility is not guaranteed for other PS versions.

Use this link:

Appreciate the quick reply and suggestion and will followup with support BUT this is not an Adobe Version Issue I can replicate with up to date software which for this example I used the current Affintity Photo V 1.8.3. The Meta data is being masked in Denoise AI on EXPORT for some reason and the fie bloats in size. The files are from a Nikon D850 maybe it is also a factor but once it is exported to TIF it should be universal at that point.

File Size Changes

Meta Data Changes

I have been a software beta tester for over 12 years and OS tester before that hence my specific listing of software and recipe for replication.

Thats what I call fast action…this evening

v2.1.6

Fix preserve file type in batch mode
Fix metadata crash for certain TIFF files

1 Like

You should have an update to v2.2.0 available now. See: