DeNoise AI 2.2.12

With the release of v2.2.3, I am no longer having an issue with Low Light Mode. I have tried it on a few photos and it all seems to be working. However, I seem to get a better result using DeNoise AI as a standalone and working with the original DNG than I do sending a TIFF or JPG copy, with minimal editing, from On1 Photo Raw. In order to obtain something approaching true black, I do need to use On1’s Colour Enhancer to reduce saturation in the magenta and purple channels.

Now and then, in the past, i did also see some of those (i would call it) “Color Orbs”.

Its like an overreaction.

Hi, copy @adam.mains

I believe this is an issue with the DNG & Profile written from DeNoise and other Topaz apps, long ago I stopped using DNGs as the output was inconsistent. In this case you can see a D850/ISO250 image as the input to DeNoise where brightness is set to ON, and the second image is the TIF output but no brightness:

Output TIF, 16bit, no compressions, ProPhotoRGB

My advice is do not use DNG output because it is, I believe, exactly the same as TIF except in a wrapper with a profile that doesn’t work everywhere else.

And I you want to check the sizes … the DNG is way bigger than a DNG generated from the original and is exactly the same size as a TIF.

Thank you SO much for this. It will save me a lot of time. I do think the behavior may be confusing to users, however. I am still able to specify a different Recovery value for each image in a batch but, when I press the Save All button, the value for all images reverts the last value set.

I’d like to post a screenshot, but get the message “Sorry, you can’t put an image in a post”

This may be a new bug, I’m taking a look at it now. It looks like recover detail is set differently than the other sliders and isn’t saving correctly in my tests. This should be fixed in 2.2.4 which I’ll try to get out as soon as I can. I’ll make sure to test saving multiple different recover details in batch mode.

Awesome. Thanks.

Having a real issue with DeNoise 2.2.3. Just upgraded from 2.2.2. Not really sure where to start. The only thing I can say for sure is that it is not crashing.

What happens would be better described in a screenshot, but also getting an error when I try to upload the pic.

Any help appreciated.

Clarification: The uploading error is thrown by the forum website.

You can upload a screenshot here and I’ll take a look at it: Submit files

Done, Thanks.

@adam.mains – I sent a note into Support, but will mention here as well: 2.2.3 broke one behavior that was working previously. The first entry in Photoshop’s Filter menu is the last filter used. And if invoked, its supposed to reapply the filter using the last settings. Its very useful when processing multiple images.

That stopped working in 2.2.3. It opens DeNoise with the defaults, rather than the last settings. Hopefully this can be re-fixed in 2.2.4.

I was about to build 2.2.4, but I’ll take a look at this real fast. I don’t believe anything should have changed but I’ve been wrong before.

That looks like a graphics issue. I think I’ve seen this when people use an external GPU as their renderer. If you are doing this, try reverting to the integrated GPU or some other graphics display. Without knowing your setup there’s not much else I can try to recommend.

Mac mini 2020
External GPU - was working in earlier version: Sonnet 650 w/Radeon RX 580

Really need that speed boost :frowning:

Is there any way to roll back to earlier version?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This is odd, I don’t know what is breaking the GPU rendering with this update. I’ve seen a few cases in support so you’re not alone. I did ask support for you and there doesn’t seem to be any 100% fix other than just not using an eGPU as your renderer. Is it possible for you to change the app to run with the integrated GPU with the eGPU plugged in? I think you may be able to run it on integrated but still process on eGPU with that setup, but I don’t have access to an eGPU to reproduce or confirm any fix.

If you want to downgrade you can use the links above but just replace the version with the version you want. So for instance, if 2.2.2 worked for you, then you can use these links:

Online Mac: https://topazlabs.s3.amazonaws.com/deploy/TopazDeNoiseAI/2.2.2/TopazDeNoiseAI-2.2.2-osx-Online-Installer.dmg
Full Mac: https://topazlabs.s3.amazonaws.com/deploy/TopazDeNoiseAI/2.2.2/TopazDeNoiseAI-2.2.2-osx-Full-Installer.dmg

I confirmed this was broken and have a fix in place. Thank you very much for reporting this issue. I’ll have the fix out by the end of the day.

Wow, thanks!

Well, phooey. 2.2.4 is still broken for me. I will try to roll back to earlier version tomorrow and see if I have better luck.

Additional observation: The UI corruption issue seems to not appear if the file is opened directly in DeNoise - only if I call it from Lightroom.

Hope this helps.

Yeah sorry if I wasn’t clear, but the fix post above was for the Photoshop settings issue. I do not know what is causing the GPU issue. We are getting an eGPU at the office at some point soon I think since they need one for Video Enhance AI tests, so I’m hoping I can reproduce it with that.

For now knowing that this only happens from LR is a good thing to know. Maybe I can narrow it down a bit from that. Is it possible that LR is using a lot of video memory and not leaving enough for DeNoise?

I really don’t know about the memory issue. I have 64GB Ram in the Mac mini, and the video card has quite a bit was well. Seems like there should be enough to go around, especially since it was working before.

I will try to roll back to 2.2.2 tomorrow, see what happens. If that does not work, I still have my older video card as well, and can see how that goes.

One other thing - Lightroom was running all day long, even when I opened files directly in DeNoise.

Please also give the links 2.2.2 for windows.

Thanks