DeNoise 3.7.2

UPDATE: I’ve given up trying to install this version. It continues to deliver the “currently selected model is missing. Uninstall and reinstall from the below.” Two days lost messing with this I went back to the previous download 3.7.0 and was able to reinstall that and am back up and running. For those of you still messing with this update and getting no results, you may want to try going back to the previous version.

@mprochnow @evan.cohen @m_lachance @phucnguyenswe @lars.larsson @Shorebreak If you’re seeing a ‘selected model is missing’ error, please go to Topaz DeNoise AI > Preferences > AI Processor and change this setting from CPU to Auto.

1 Like

Well…that didn´t help, same problem as before

Is the 3.70 available somewere? I can´t find it …(stupid swede)

Hi Lars, I found it here DeNoise 3.7.0 - #4 by adam.mains. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see a post from Adam with the link to the full 3.7.0. That’s what I had to do to get up and running.

Thank you! You made my day! A whole bunch of swedish birds thank you as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here. Currently selected model is missing error. Unisntalled and installed. Tried AI Processor Auto , CPU and my AMD Radeon. No luck. Seems we need to go back to 3.7.0 until it gets fixed.

1 Like

@esteban-6194 @lars.larsson If you both are able, would you mind recreating this error within version 3.7.1 of DeNoise AI and then immediately close the app, re-open it, and go to Help > File Logging > Gather Logs for Support and attach your .zip files as a reply back to me?

Sorry, I rolled back to 3.70…

Hi Preston, I can do it, but I have to get this work out first. I’ll reinstall 3.7.1 later this evening and follow the steps and reply back with the zip. Thanks for sticking with it.

TopazDeNoiseAI_Logs_2023-02-15-14-28-48.zip (153.2 KB)

Attached is my log file. Like Esteban-6194, tried processor set to Auto, CPU, etc with no luck.

Can you please give me a pointer to roll back to 3.7.0?

1 Like

Hi Preston, here is my log file. I had to force quit the application because simply using the ‘x’ or file close will not close the app. As with the other folks, I have processor set to Auto. I’m rolling back to 3.7.0 until we hear back. Thanks!
TopazDeNoiseAI_Logs_2023-02-15-17-09-31.zip (156.7 KB)

1 Like

Sorry everyone is having issues with DeNoise 3.7.1 but you all saved me the hassle of trying to install a flawed version. I’m sticking with 3.7.0 until a newer version comes out. So glad I checked this forum first.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Since I had a Full Install copy of 3.7.0 as a backup, I decided to take a chance on updating to 3.71 on MacOS. Everything worked smoothly without any error messages. All models appeared to work properly. I think it’s safe to go back in the water.

After the last update this morning, I get the error " PROCESSING ERROR: Currently selected model is missing. To resolve the issue, uninstall en then re-install DeNoise AI from the link below"

This didn’t resolve it though. Any help please?

1 Like

Downloaded the full install and then uninstalled the older version . New version 3.7.1 is working very well and is also fast. It opens and works from Affinity Photo V1.0, process time to return to Affinity Photo is about 3 seconds for a 4000 x 6000 px jpg file.
Windows 11 22H2
CPU Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM 32 GB
GPU AMD RX 5600 XT
Video RAM 6 GB

Weird behavior with Severe Noise & Low Light (maybe other models): When Severe Noise, for instance, is chosen and everything is set to Zero, it’ll properly show the original unadjusted image. But when Enhance Sharpness is changed to a number above zero, noise is removed even though Remove Noise is set to zero.

1 Like

For the users who are stuck with the ‘model missing’ error on Mac, this may be due to an anti-virus or anti-malware program.

Please try checking your system for any firewalls or antiviruses, disable them, and run the installer again. These security applications are known to block certain model files from installing, so we’ll want to try disabling these first.

If you are still getting the error after doing this (or do not have any anti-virus programs), please follow the instructions below.

1. Download the missing model from this link here
  2. Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder
  3. CMD + click (or right-click) Topaz DeNoise AI, then click Open Package Contents
  4. Navigate to Contents > Resources > local > trgc
  5. Move the model file you downloaded into the trgc folder

Hopefully the devs will respond but I would think that you cannot enhance the sharpness without removing noise.

I was just checking currency of releases on my Win 11 PC.

Is this release from last year or 2023? Thx!