DeNoise 3.7.0

I don’t believe R7 files are fully supported, for instance all CR3 CRaw are not supported.

Also R7 doesn’t show on the LibRaw supported camera list for 0.20.

And as this version was released on Jun 22 it may not have support yet as that was also the day the R7 was released.

You can also test by using Photo AI on a trial to see if that has support.

1 Like

All I can say is that I can process both raw and craw on my PC without any issues.
I can also process both raw and craw images in Photo Ai.

My PC is a Del i7_7580 running Windows 11.

R7 files in DeNoise?

Yes R7 - processed in Denoise standalone

I think that you are right. Did a few more tests. Denoise returns R7 RC3 files as DNG files with WB set to 5000 no matter what the WB “As shot” actually is. This is not the case with EOS M50 RC3 files. This can be dealt with in the the raw converter. So no big deal.

Denoise AI was last updated on 2022/6/22. Previously it had been updated usually 1 or more times per month. Are there going to be no more bug fixes and improvements?

3 Likes

Getting a color shift when using a RAW file (NEF). Any plans on correcting this? It’s been an ongoing issue for multiple versions.

1 Like

I’m getting an overall pink cast to all of my RAW photos opened in Denoise, ever since upgrading to a Canon R3. RAW photos taken with my older 7D MkII open no problem, which leads me to believe that the file format for the R3 RAW files are not supported yet. When will they?

1 Like

Hi, got the same problem on Macbook air m2.
Did you find a way to solve this?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue…Have you found a solution other than reverting to a previous version

1 Like

Hi, just purchased DeNoise v 3-7.0 to use in standalone mode. I have raw files from a sony A7ii in ARW format. The pixel dimensions are 3969x2648 and about 10MB

I open these files in DN make the adjustments and press SAVE IMAGE. I have Preserve Input settings checked because I want a raw file for further editing (without the noise)

DeNoise now creates me a DNG file of about 50MB with dimensions of 256x171 with a resolution of 350dpi.

But nothing I own will open it!

If I try to open this new file in DeNoise, (or other Topaz apps) I get a 256x171 image and the 350dpi is ignored which makes the DNG file totally useless.

I can’t find any settings in DeNoise to change this behavior, so it must be a terrible bug???

I haven’t used DNAI in standalone for ages, but just ran a test for you. My 21Mb ARW was processed as a DNG and came out at around 120Mb. It has preserved its original dimensions and I could open it in Preview.
I am on a Mac. If you are on a PC, check your drivers are up-to-date. Post your specs. Although you will probably get more responses on the forum for DNAI itself:

I suggest you read through the thread, in case others are having the same problem. Good luck.

1 Like

You cannot save to a RAW image, RAW files are ONLY created from a camera sensor. When you say nothing will open the DNG, what application are you using to open the resulting DNG? Note hat you can also try to output a TIFF to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Ive tried both versions of affinity photo, many versions of PaintshopPro. And Corel Aftershot. Topaz’s own apps will only open it in its very low res state. Eventually i found an Adobe coversion app that after much fiddling around converted it back to normal and i could open it in Affinity photo and develop it like a normal raw file.

this must be a bug surely, when Topaz own apps wont open the files they created

Hi Marcus -

I just tried opening one of my Sony ARW files into DAI 3.7.0. Made some settings changes to it & let it process, then Saved image with the same “Preserve Input” setting you used. It generated a .dng (as it should). I didn’t check the sizing diffs.

Then I opened that DAI output .dng into Photoshop (2022) with no issues. In there I could run the file through the Topaz Sharpen AI plugin filter (also with no issues). Saved that back to my Ps layer. And then added a couple adjustment layers that all operated as they should on the image.

I’m not an Affinity user, but I do own it. I was able to open the DAI dng image into Affinity (1) okay also:

You need to log an issue with Corel if you are using current versions of PaintShop and AfterShot. They will fix their apps to open the current version of DNGs.

Can you reopen the new dng in any Topaz app and have it come out the right size?

Then explain why Topaz DeNoise and the other Topaz apps wont open the file DeNoise just saved

1 Like

I didn’t check the sizing. I thought you said you “couldn’t open the [output dng] in any of [your] programs”.

But I was able to open the ARW processed by DAI into a dng in both Ps & Affinity v. 1. And was able to open it in SAI (sharpen) and have it process okay…

I’m pretty sure a lot of ppl have commented over the years that the processing adds to the size of their processed images. But that’s true of any post-processing … What do you mean by the “right” size?

I just re-opened my DAI processed & dng saved (originally ARW but set to save input settings) image in DAI after it had been closed. I opened it as I would any other file (look at the filename at upper left in this snip)…

BTW, this image was just denoised & not sharpened.