DeNoise 3.7.0

Hi

Mac mini M1 16 GB
Lightroom Classic 11.4.1
DNG → Tiff → Denoise

Some strange “things” are added to the photos.

Very (very) painful when you do batch.

Regards
Thierry

When batch processing from Lightroom Classic using “Edit in Topaz DeNoise AI” option, approximately ½ of the photos that are processed end up with a rectangular artifact in a random position in the photo. See attached before / after images. These artifacts are not precisely repeatable, meaning if I take the same images and batch process them again, the artifacts appear in different locations and/or different images.

Batch processing using DeNoise AI standalone does not appear to result in a similar problem, but I cannot state that with certainty (note that in some images this issue can be very difficult to spot). I also have not noticed this problem editing one image at a time.

DeNoise AI 3.7.0, RAW AI model - default settings
Lightroom Classic 11.3.1
MacOS Monterey 12.5
Intel 4.2 GHz Quad-core Core i7
Radeon Pro 580

1 Like

Confirmed now that this error occurs processing a single image. Have only seen this on TIFF images, not RAW.

I am having a similar color-shift problem when processing RAW files (NEF and DNG). Changing the “Apply RAW Color Correction” in Preferences makes no difference.

I contacted Topaz support and they say that they are aware of this problem and that they are trying to fix this VERY annoying problem! It can obviously be fixed as it works in DxO PureRAW 2!

1 Like

as far as I know 16xx series don’t have tensor core either. hence the GTX naming.

It would be nice to have the option to “Keep original file date/time” when saving them. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for your support.

Since 2 weeks I’m working with an Apple MacBook Pro M1 and I’m surprised about the Graphics Memory Usage at this MacBook Pro. It uses only 2 GB of Video RAM too (yes, I know…it’s the MacOS beta, but it’s the same with the current MacOS 12.5.1). :roll_eyes:

Is that right or does it share the Memory with the CPU like in other Programs?

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0

Operating System: macOS 13.0

Graphics Hardware: Apple M1

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 Metal - 83

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

For RAW-Images it’s recommended to use the RAW-Option, switch the Automatic Methods to “On” and set the Sharpening-Slider to 0.

So far so good…

If I denoise RAW-Images in a batch process and use the Automatic Methods Switch to Auto without setting the Sharpening-Slider to 0 (against the recommendation) every Image will be denoised with its own settings for denoise and sharpening, but when I set the sharpening-slider to 0 (like recommended) all the Images will be denoised with the same Denoise-Setting. So it would be nice to have separate switches for each Parameter (or only for sharpening) to switch them on or off.

Denoise AI crashes under MacOS 13 public beta 4 at loading images.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.7.0

Operating System: macOS 13.0

Graphics Hardware: Apple M1

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 Metal - 83

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

You should raise a support request at the main website as beta OS’s are not supported.

I installed the patch for the Photoshop plugin v3.7.1-rc1 and its working fine. That said, the freestanding application doesn’t Respond and the images are just color lines.

Please go to Help menu and select Graphics info then press Copy and paste the info here. Also what is the image file you are trying to process?

Can confirm it’s happening on any Mac I own running the Ventura beta 4 or higher (two Mac Studios and my 16" M1 Max MBP); it worked before that.

Oh, thank god! That blotchiness was horrible, felt like a return to earlier versions. Thumbs up!

Hello I have “solved” the issue: I’ve run windows Memory diagnostics after I got the same error with Norton Antitrack at startup. Now these memory errors are mysteriously gone although the logfiles of the diagnostics said ‘no errors found’ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

having an issue with the app unexpectedly quitting on a MacBook m2 air

DeNoise AI 3.7.0 cannot install to Windows 11 22H2 with Smart App Control enabled environment.

NOTE: Sharpen AI 4.1.0 and Photo AI 1.0.1 can be succesfully installation without error.

Just upgraded from 3.0. It looks like if Canon EOS R7 CR3 files are not fully supported yet. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks

It works just fine with CR3 raw files. Topaz recommends that you process your raw files in standalone mode as the start of your raw processing workflow.