DeNoise 3.6.0

Win10 2009 is Win10 20H2. I have Win10 21H2 and the program displays the same as yours. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Ok… but i have Windows 11 21H2 22000.556 :sweat_smile:

Hey Lachezar, really appreciate all the feedback!
For points 1,3,7 and 8, those are good ideas and things we can look at implementing in the future.
4 and 6 are technical limitations. We dont have access to the compressing Adobe is doing in ACR and PS which explains the file size difference @henry.richardson
5 is something we’re working on but will definitely take time
2 shouldn’t be happening. If you want to open multiple images and save them with different manual NSRC values, you can open all the images, set the value for one image, click the next image in the file list, set its value, and so one. Ensure youre not using the check box in the file list, just clicking the file name to go from image to image. After that, you can just click the select all check box and hit save or just hit save and then “save all x images”. If you have multiple images check boxxed, when you change NSRC, it will change NSRC for all selected images

Hey Ralf, can you tell me the workflow you’re running to get this issue?

@omar.abdel thanks for taking the time to reply.

The DNG that you output, does it not support some general lossless compression in its spec (cross program, cross platform)?

6 - the Dialog selecting all files with CMD+A, isn’t this something that Mac OS X apps can have configured for native apps?

2 - I think I’ve worked it out (and see the two linked screen recordings, in one it changes in the other it doesn’t) - when automatic Model Preferences tick is on, it seems the model comes to a different conclusion when exporting that it did when it first decided on the NSRC values. This would mean the exported image would differ from what we’ve seen and accepted. The second video is where it’s with manual selection on all images, and in this case the values persist in export. I still think they should persist in the first case too.

Video 1: TDeN-1.mov - Google Drive
Video 2: TDeN-2.mov - Google Drive

Omar, you didn’t say anything about the crashes. I’ve been getting them quite often (Mac version, when run on Windows, seems OK). Sometimes it crashes on the second image, in a long batch (< 200), other times on ~60, every time randomly, can’t think why one image would cause and another won’t. Also when I rerun, it goes through those very same images, and crashes on a further one). I even tried rebooting Mac OS, but it doesn’t matter (so it’s not an OS memory leak or anything like that). When it crashes, I get the Apple option to submit the crash stack, and I’ve sent those to Apple a few times. Not sure if the pass these to you in the end. There are also other batches where it goes through all without crashing. Any clues?

Also a number of photos get random color artefacts such as:

File: TDeN-3.png - Google Drive

where those don’t exist in the source files. Is this a known issue? This seems to mostly affect the RAW model. I am forced to use Standard for those.

Hey Abdel,

I start Topaz Denoise as standalone program. Then I drag the DNG file (from DJI Mavic Air 2) into Denoise. RAW-Processing is enabled(Great!). I use the AI settings and select same directory and preserve file format to select the file.
Finally in Lightroom Library I select the directory and synchronize it. Then I get the error message.
It is a little bit strange. I try and translate it back from German:
“Error trying to find a location for imported file”

Dropbox Links:

There’s not a general one that we’ve found yet that doesnt cause issues with our other apps.

The coding language we use for some reason doesn’t support the cmd/ctrl + a on windows/mac. Selecting the first file, then shift pressing the last should select all in between, but you said it didn’t add all files? Was it skipping specific file types? I wasn’t able to get any issues when doing that, so any info on that would be great.

I see what you mean now with the NSRC values, thanks that’s very helpful. Looking into that right now, and I think that might be causing another issue users mentioned on this forum, really appreciate it!

For the artifacts, can you send over some of the source files that get artifacts added to them? I can have our model guy look at them and see what might be causing the issue.

The crashes I thought were happening due to unsupported image types being added to the batch. There’s a few cameras here and there that give us issues, but you mentioned that if you try the batch again, it passes images it previously crashed on. We don’t get logs that are sent to Apple, so if you can post logs here when you get that, that would be helpful. Did you work on DeNoise 3.5 and see similar batch crashes or is this new?

No, all the same type RAW files or JPG files. Yes, when using Shift selection, the end result of the list was with less files than if I was to do a drop operation.

No problem.

The further I dug into this issue the more obvious it became it’s affecting mostly the RAW files of Sony A7 IV (relatively new camera, I also have access to A7C RAW files and I don’t think I’ve seen any issues with them). With the RAW model I was getting the artefacts, but when I switched to Standard, while nothing showed inside Denoise, the exported DNG files when imported in Lightroom had big random black edges mostly right and bottom. So in general, Topaz isn’t happy with the Sony A7 IV RAW files (I always use compressed lossless RAW in the camera). So I wonder if this is it, and if this also causes crashes in batch processing such files. Halfway through this review (search for text " Sample RAW Images") there are tons of A7 IV images, there are sections of JPG from camera and RAW from camera: Sony A7 IV Review | Photography Blog

In reference to the file with artefact I showed earlier, this is the source: TDeN-3-Source-before-TopazDenoise.ARW.zip - Google Drive

And here’s a preview of the black bars issue image: TDeN-4-LR-preview.png - Google Drive
the Topaz Denoise DNG produced for the same: TDeN-4.dng.zip - Google Drive

and the Sony RAW file before Topaz: TDeN-4-Source-before-TopazDenoise.ARW.zip - Google Drive

I believe you have all that’s needed :slight_smile:

I think at one point I did go back to 3.5 (not sure if I did it on my Windows or Mac, and my flow was blocked by multiple issues mentioned, so not sure if it was the crashing or the artefacts that I tried 3.5.0 for, might have been either or both), but wasn’t any better re this issue so went back to 3.6.1. I am relatively new customer, so I’ve not tried older versions. Just 3.5.0 seeing it was suggested by others.

This is the Save Image dialog I get using the standalone 3.6.1:

Untitled-1

Previously I could select the file type, but now I can’t. Why has that option been removed?

You’ve got Preserve Input Settings selected. Just turn it off and you’ll see more options.

Ahh, thanks. :grin:

Batch processing of DNG (I haven’t tried other formats) produces black images with double the file size of the original. Doing a single DNG works. Using MacBook M1 pro.

I had the same problem on a Windows 10 machine after upgrading to DeNoiseAI 3.6 I also experienced the same problem with SharpenAI 4
I think I have now solved this in the process of rolling back SharpenAI. During that process I discovered that I couldn’t download the older version as I ran out of disk space on the C drive. Cleaned up the drive and downloaded the software to another drive and ran it from there. Installed ok and old version of SharpenAI worked. I have now found that DeNoiseAI 3.6 now works and saves the images successfully. I will upgrade back to SharpenAI 4 in the next week and retest that. But it looks like if you upgrade automatically it puts the large download files on the C: drive so can fill up the Download capacity quite quickly with the file sizes. During the image processing it must save a large file on the C Drive but can’t complete the operation due to its size.

1 Like

Version 3.61 is bad for Mac mini M1. Open a Picture in JPG nothing Happens all is frozen. After 30 Seconds it runs good. But ! Its not an Issue about Performance its a Bug. When I open the Picture and click with the Mouse anyway where it loads quite fast in 4 Seconds. In Version 3.5 this Problem not Exist

me too - cannot use latest version. just spins ‘processing’???

Do you have your Preferences set to Auto or Apple M1 for the Ai Processor? (Make sure it isn’t CPU). How much RAM do you have?

1 Like

Same issue for me, but if I go to Compare mode, I can get it to work.

I have Mac mini M1 with 16 GB Complete Fresh System. I Try Automatic and M1 setting.Same Issue at Sharpen AI. After the last Update both are very Slower. I Try High Ram mode too

The new DeNoise AI v3.6 refreshed file saving seems to have disrupted the previously seamless plug-in use for CaptureOne. The over-write is a workaround and the speed is amazing but being able to use it as a plug-in makes me use the previous version. Hopefully this will get fixed in an update.