Latest installers:

Windows (v3.6.2): Online | Full
Mac (v3.6.2): Full
Released April 13, 2022.

Change log:

• More settings in save dialog are now sticky
  • Make overwrite wording more clear
  • Added link to online tutorials in help menu
  • Validate makernotes and white balance to have less problems opening enhanced images in PS,LR, etc
  • Auto model is now sticky in plugin mode
  • Removed ‘Preserve Source Format’ image format option in save dialog as it’s redundant with the ‘Preserve Input Settings’ toggle
  • Model values in file list view now spaced out evenly

Fixes:

• Fixed various RAW cropping/crashing/color issues
  • Fixed hanging on batch processing
  • Fixed crash in plugin mode
  • Fixed Lightroom plugin installer location issue when moving location of DeNoise install
  • Save button in save dialog is now enabled during image processing
  • Fixed issue where opening multiple images in external editor mode only opened some of the selected images
  • Fixed issue where batch skips previously cancelled images
  • Fixed issue where you could undo/redo during image export and get unexpected results in the export
  • Fixed issue where GPU utilization was high during idle

Known issues:

• When saving RAWs with RAW color correction setting on, and auto model preferences, the auto values will change during processing. This is only visual.

v3.6.1
Released March 16, 2022.

3.6.1 Fixed missing Raw model in Mac when you update the app

Major features

• Updated RAW Model. The new RAW model now allows the RAW model to be used with non-RAW images. We recommend only using this model on RAW images and images that have been converted from RAW with no pre-processing or editing. Please note that some software (i.e. PS, LR) by default apply denoising and sharpening to images on conversion from RAW. This will greatly reduce the effectiveness of the new RAW model, and other models will be better suited for those images.

• New Save UI. The new save UI makes it easier to save single and batch images. The Output Directory dropdown saves the last 3 directories used (will be empty to begin with). Renaming and changing image formats/setting should be clearer

• Overwrite Images. You now have the ability to overwrite images, just use the ‘Overwrite Current File’ toggle in the new save dialog. Note that this feature is disabled when working with RAW images and when using the trial version (as we don’t want a watermark to be applied to an original image).

Improvements

• When setting the file name in the save dialog, you can press up/down to go to the start/end of the file name
  • The auto model and model preference toggle selection is now saved on close
  • Performance improvements during image saving
  • Added support for certain Sony camera images that weren’t opening before

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where CR2/3 images would open with a green tint when saved as DNG’s
  • Fixed an issue where opening certain DNG’s would crash DeNoise
  • Fixed an issue where the same image could be opened twice
  • Fixed an issue where having multiple images open with auto model preferences on showed the same model numbers for all files in the file list view.
  • Fixed various crashes and grammatical errors
4 Likes

So shouldn’t the link be https://downloads.topazlabs.com/deploy/TopazDeNoiseAI/3.6.1/TopazDeNoiseAI-3.6.1-windows-x64-Full-Installer.exe …bc that works.

And “Brian’s Update Post” doesn’t take me anywhere but to the front page of Topazlabs.

1 Like

Apologies for that. I was waiting for this release notes article to be made public before publishing the update post. It is now accessible. :+1:t3:

1 Like

I did the update to 3.6.1 I am choosing Low Light and then it gets to the Post-Processing and hangs indefinetly. I end up having to Cancel Processing.
I work via Lightroom.

3 Likes

I have the same issue!
the Processing can’t end!

Yeah that should be the link, thanks! Updated the post

Hi! We aren’t able to locally reproduce this issue. Would you mind submitting a help request by clicking here?

If you could confirm for us if you’re only running into this issue with the Low Light model and share with us your log files. You can recreate the issue in the software and then go to the Help dropdown menu > File Logging > Gather Logs For Support, and attach the logs zip folder it creates to the help request form. Please leave a note that you’re sending the information to me and I’ll get back to you. Thank you!

Hi! I can see this has been reported twice. I’d ask you to submit a help request by clicking here?

Please confirm for me you run into this issue with a specific model and share your log files. You can recreate the issue in the software and then go to the Help dropdown menu > File Logging > Gather Logs For Support, and attach the logs zip folder it creates to the help request form. Please leave a note that you’re sending the information to me and I’ll get back to you. Thank you!

Same issue. Hanging up on processing.

Hi - I’m trying to collect information about this issue. Can I please ask you to submit a help request by clicking here and attach for me your log files? You can recreate the issue in the software and then go to the Help dropdown menu > File Logging > Gather Logs For Support, and attach the logs zip folder it creates to the help request form.

Please leave a note that you’re sending the information to me and I’ll get back to you. Thanks!

Hi,

Looks like Denoise 3.6.1 is still resizing images in standalone mode.

Input 2880x2880 DNG → output 2879x2879 PNG.

Please can this be fixed

1 Like

Does it work yet well as capture one plug-in?

Hi…

The crashing in Batch processing still hasn’t been fixed either.

Hey thanks for your feedback. For the resizing issue, we’re gathering examples to get that fixed, so if you could post the before/after images, that would be very helpful to us.

What issue are you running into with batch processing? Do you have logs for it?

I’ve only done a quick test from Capture One and Photo Mechanic and the new save UI looks to be exactly what I was hoping for. From CO I’ll often want to generate a tif copy and send that to the plugin. Overwrite in that case is preferred. But from PM I’ll often be starting from a tif scan and then save as is needed. And it’s important that the Save button doesn’t do one or the other automatically.

Well done in this respect and I’ll be looking forward to consistent behavior from the other apps.

Cheers

Sorry I already went back to 3.6.0
I did do some testing first and it happened with the other choices as well as Low Light. I also tried reinstalling 3.6.1 but the issue persisted.
I have a lot of photos to process today but will try and reinstall 3.6.1 later today and do logs if it continues.

So far so good. Tried low light and RAW. Actually seems a little faster

Installed latest version 3.6.1 of DeNoise but it still isn’t working like it used too! I use DeNoise as a plug-in to Capture One 21. Edit With> DeNoise.

The latest update v3.6.1 only has the option to Save, and it does not return back into CO with the DeNoise version. I’ve reinstalled v3.2.0 since it works.

Strangely, Sharpen Ai is updated to the latest version and works as it always has, so what’s up with DeNoise still not working as a plug-in to Capture One like it used too.

I just ran the new DeNoise 3.6 against my favorite DxO PureRaw software and the Topaz is SO much better (now). There are no artifacts on the edges of areas that need detail. Not a new feature but really I love all the different choices for settings to see what is best for each image. The rendering speed of the new version also is very much improved. This is now my go-to for noise reduction.