DeNoise 3.6.0

The speed is extreme.

The progress bar disappears upwards during the batch so that you can no longer see the times.

So should be able to download by crash reporter log and Denoise Logs for a batch crash and a before and after image that gets resized. I can provide a lot more images but theyā€™d all the be same structurally.

The batch issue is simple, If I batch convert a lot of images from DNG to PNG, Raw model, Denoise crashes after around 50 - 90 images when using Apple M1 as the GPU option (last time I checked it worked using the CPU).

Thank you for supporting DJI Raw files. Great. But unfortunately I cannot get the raw-processed PNGs back to Lightroom. If I try to synchronize the folder there is an error message in Lightroom with these new PNGs.

Best Regards

New patch working fast and very effective on my Win10 box. One remaining issue is loss of meta data after processing.

I shoot Canon CR3 RAW, convert to TIFF in DPP4 then open in DeNoise AI either as standalone or plugin. Here is a screen shot of properties original TIFF and DeNoise processed.

For the Capture One issue, we built a workaround into 3.6.1. What you can do is open DeNoise through Capture One, click Save, and toggle Overwrite to be on. That will overwrite the image Capture One sent to DeNoise, so if you go back to the host editor, the image should be DeNoiseā€™d.

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback, canazzi!

Both De Noise and Sharpen still will not shut down normally. I have to force them to close.

I have the same issue too, did the update 2 days ago and have had problems since. The only way I can get it to complete is to crop my pictures which I donā€™t always want to do!!

Ok, thank you.

I have just reinstalled the latest version via link in email and it is working fine now.
Not sure why it was stalling on the processing before.

I am using CO latest version on M1 Mac Miniā€¦launching Denoise 3.6.1 from ā€œEdit Withā€ menu. As with others I am not seeing Denoise shut down appropriately but have also found that selecting the ā€œoverwriteā€ option causes me to lose my star rating of the photo. The star rating is preserved if I do not use the overwrite (but this creates an ā€œextraā€ .tif version taking up space and is undesirable). All keywords and color ratings are preserved on both options. Can anyone else confirm this issue or is it something quirky with my setup? Any suggestions? TIA.

When I try to install DAI 3.6.1 on my Win 10 PC (using the full Win installer) I get a msg saying I must close Photoshop 1st.

My Ps is not open and hasnā€™t been for several hours.

Iā€™ve gotten those messages in past commercial releases too. Can that install issue pls be fixed?

After updating to 3.6.1, my images will no longer save. I get a fail to save image error after clicking save image.

I agree with others that after the upgrade to latest version on M1 (in my case M1 Pro with 16GB RAM Macbook Pro, running on Monterey 12.3) the batch processing of images crashes quite often. I did try switching between M1 Pro as GPU and CPU, to my surprise when under CPU it was faster per image by a second, but either way with CPU and GPU, and also Auto mode, it always crashes after processing a number of RAW images.

Thereā€™s another major batch processing flaw, that I was hoping 3.6.0/1 would have fixed, which is, if one was to go over the list of images and set different settings per image, and then run the actual ā€˜Save imagesā€™ batch processing, I noticed that upon processing it ignores the manual settings and goes with new, likely auto settings (still RAW, but the NSRC values change from the ones Iā€™ve given, which is a total waste of time and effort to specify settings that we have visually confirmed as humans, just so the batch processing to go and do things in itā€™s own way).

And one more comment on the batch processing (or few):

1. Please allow the use of arrow keys to jump from one image in the list of multi selection, to the next, just think of our flow of doing this - looking at image 1, make adjustments, move to image 2, make adjustments etc. Currently the only way to do is by mouse clicking on the next image, which is not always an easy things since you show a mini list, not full list. It would be so much easier, if I could just press Down key or Right key to move to the next photo in the list. Please implement this, it canā€™t be that difficult. Equally so, allow Up and Left keys to go to the previous item in the batch list.
  2. As mentioned earlier, please do not lose the manual adjustments specified when going image by image, which currently happens once Save images is clicked and the values for NSRC just change to others when the images are reached into the process of batch work on them.
  3. The space on the right, while running batch processing, can be utilised better - donā€™t just show us 1/XXX but also provide some more details, and ideally a thumb of the currently processed image. To make it really cool, you can even show an animated transition, with a slide moving from left to right showing new denoised view overtaking the noisy one. I do understand that at a small thumb size, the noise may not be as obvious, but Iā€™m sure you can come up with something, the very least show a thumb of the image being processed at the moment.
  4. When saving DNG RAW files from source RAW files, the output size is 3x more than the original RAW files (in my case Sony A7 IV compressed RAW). Please look at the size difference and see if an option for compressed DNG can be offered, or something else that keeps the size lower (something like on the fly JPGMini or similar algorithm).
  5. Is it possible for those of us who have a license for multiple products like Sharpen AI and Denoise AI, to get maybe some integrated flow option of RAW ā†’ Denoise ā†’ Sharpen AI (with the de-blur, de-soft, de-lost-focus options in one place), all dealing with DNGs as output, so we can then do the rest in Lightroom and Photoshop, without the need to open Sharpen AI on non-RAW (TIFF copies from within LR) of the same images. Just trying to get the best photographerā€™s flow and the quickest, in initial Topaz batch mode, then Adobe LR/Photoshop for what they do best.
  6. There seems to be a bug with adding files through the Browse file dialog, vs drag and drop of a folder with files. The issue is, when using Browse files buttons, and then the dialog that follows has a major flow that it doesnā€™t accept CMD+A for select all files, I have to go on the first file, keep Shift and then go to the last file to select all files in a folder. Please allow CMD+A as is the standard on Mac OS (like CTRL+A on Windows). Even if you do make a multi selection like this (which causes the app to freeze for a moment), the end result of files made available to Denoise for Batch processing is actually not the full list of files selected. In comparison, when using drag and drop of a folder, all files are correctly added (no freeze at all either while doing a drop of many files).
  7. When files from a folder are added, they seem to follow some random folder order or system folder order. Can this be alphabetical please. A workaround is to drop a list of files instead of the parent folder, in which case it does seem to keep the order as dropped, like alphabetically, but can a sorting on the fly be done when the parent folder of these files is dropped. Also I noticed that for the same list of files, if a folder (parent) is dropped into Denoise AI it is a lot faster than when dropping a list of all the files rather than the folder. Why the difference, when weā€™re still talking in the end for the same number of files being added for batch processing.
  8. When files are exported from Denoise AI, can the created/modified date and time match the exif created/photo taken date and time. Currently all files get the date and time of the processing, instead of the date and time of the photo taken (I have to post run exiftool to correct this, it would be great if Denoise AI does this out of the box for generated files).

Hope these suggestions make sense, and Iā€™m sure others have been thinking about it too.

When it doesnā€™t crash or mess up with the settings specified, these are great products well worth the license fee. Keep up the good work, and make those and other improvements please.

What are your system specs? And, are you using the software standalone or as plugin to a host (if plugin which host)?

I just tried saving an image as a test (using the standalone version of DAI on a Win 10 PC) and it worked fine for me.

I was curious so I sent a message to Topaz asking them if they use the Neural Engine for Denoise AI, Sharpen AI, Gigapixel AI. I got this reply:

We use Neural Engine on M1 and Neural Engine + GPU on M1 Pro and M1 Max.

1 Like

Yes! I took one of my 20mp Olympus E-M1 II raw ORF files that is 16.5mb and loaded it into Denoise AI and saved the result as a DNG file (linear DNG). Then I loaded that DNG into Photoshop/ACR and without any editing I saved it to a second DNG. Then I opened the Topaz DNG again into Photoshop/ACR and saved it as a Lossy DNG. Then I opened the Topaz DNG again into Photoshop/ACR, then in Photoshop I converted to 8-bits, and saved it as a level 12 JPEG two ways. Here are the file sizes:

1. 118mb - Denoise AI DNG
  2. 43.3mb - Photoshop/ACR DNG
  3. 4.37mb - Photoshop/ACR Lossy DNG
  4. 5.31mb - Photoshop/ACR JPEG 12 (Baseline ā€œStandardā€)
  5. 4.05mb - Photoshop/ACR JPEG 12 (Baseline Optimized)

Why is #1 so much larger than #2?

1 Like

CPU: Intel i7 9700k
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro W6800
RAM: 32gb

Running standalone version on a Windows 11 computer. Rolled back to 3.5.0 and images save perfectly fine.

1 Like

Good to hear youā€™re working ok! But you may want to open a Spt tkt so developers can make sure the code is correct for Win 11 users and you get the benefit of updated features. This is a user-user forum so not sure how often the tech folks see that stuff like your situation may need to be corrected.

Program BUG:

I have the latest version of Windows 11 Proā€¦ but if go into the ā€œGraphics Infoā€, i have this results:

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.6.1
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2009
Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 511.65
CPU RAM: 32680 MB
Video RAM: 8192 MB
Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

Program see the Operating System like a Window 10 v2009ā€¦ :sweat_smile:
Please fix it!