DeNoise 3.3

How so? You don’t try new versions before you purchase them?

Luuk, why are you addressing David-45099 who is just another consumer? How did he make you pay for Denoise? My advice, get rid of Lightroom, you don’t need it. I don’t know your work flow but Denoise can be a plugin to On1 PhotoRaw, Affinity Photo and other programs as well as a stand alone if you want to correct a Raw file.

You are quite right. Obviously David wasn’t the intended target. As to LR, I am very happy with it and have never understood why some people are so keen on advocating alternatives (FYI I depend heavily on the book module and just like LR) when alternatives are not the topic of the conversation. As to Denoise, I never tried the latest version since I have an older version and (mistakenly) assumed the new version would be an improvement on the older version, which it may be in some respects but most certainly isn’t in terms of LR workflow. The good news is that Topaz reimbursed me right away, so I am back to last year’s version.

So, in other words, no one made you pay for an update after all, correct?

1 Like

Seems like M1 Pro and M1 Max will have good performance.

1 Like

Just want to share this in case someone expierense this problem:

Capture One 20 / 13.1.3.13 , Denoise AI 3.3.3 and Windows 10
When I send two or more files to Denoise AI via ‘Edit With’ , and select Denoise AI , two or more TIF files are generated in
Capture One , but only one (1) are opened up in Denoise A1 ( always the first of the files selected ).
When processed/applyed only one is sent back to Capture One.
Also problems with Open With
And with JPG files

Got this response from Topaz today:
Thank you very much for the information
and we’ve been able to recreate this.
If you don’t mind, give us some time to investigate this
and we’ll let you know of any updates on this issue.

1 Like

I would expect that would happen because it is in plugin mode and only processes the first file.

1 Like

@adam.mains

Crash after denoising 125 images.

Log file is too big for upload.

Update:

Crash again after 274 images.

I noticed in the Denoise changelog something about external mode and shortcuts but gave it little heed. However, when I started Denoise it would open in external mode each time. Here’s the catch: I made a shortcut on a launchbar that unfolds on the top of my screen (trusty old RocketDock). Is there a switch/argument I can enter for the shortcut that allows me to open Denoise in regular mode instead?

I processed a DNG file in DeNoise 3.3.3 stand alone and saved a a DNG. The file would not open in Luminar AI. Radeon RX 5600 XT GPU 6GB Vram.

The DNG did open in Affinity Photo but had a strong green tint in the Develop module. Turning off White balance brought the color back to normal.

Currently we don’t have plans to support a RAW model specifically for Fuji RAW files, but if there’s enough people who request it it could be something we look into. We would need to double the workload and research time so it’s hard to justify with the current user base when we could be working on updates to the current RAW model that will affect more people.

3.3.4 should resolve this for you. The issue was that RocketDock becomes the parent program of DeNoise, and DeNoise now works by checking if the parent process is Windows Explorer or not. Since RocketDock isn’t Explorer, it assumes it is an external editor and loads in that mode.

The failsafe for this is now if you launch the app with no input images, DeNoise will default back to standalone mode even if it thinks it came from an external editor.

1 Like

I think this was resolved in 3.3.4 as well, please let me know.

I think that 3.3.4 might have a partial fix for this crash if it’s what I’m thinking of, but it’s currently still being worked on in OpenImageIO. I made an issue here and the PR is being worked on here.

OK.

I did Denoise some tiffs until the crash happend.

If they were only TIFFs then it’s likely not the same crash I’m thinking of. If you can find one image that does it that sounds more like a tag is missing potentially. If it only ever happens with large batches then I’d maybe try to keep track of memory and see if it’s a memory leak.

Adam, the picture is 64Mpx and when saved from Denoise as a DNG file it is 274 MB in size. It still appears as a black thumbnail in Luminar AI. It does show in Windows Explorer as a small thumbnail.
Also, it won’t open in Luminar AI.

Windows Explorer:

Luminar AI:

Would you mind uploading the original and the output for that? You can upload them here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/mSM3cgQvArgsDzD9cVWV

The file size itself is a separate issue but I’m not sure why Luminar isn’t loading it.

I may have spoken too soon. It looks like we may be able to support some Fuji files since some use 2x2 bayer patterns. However any file that doesn’t use that pattern won’t be supported still which I think is the majority. We may be able to handle X-Trans layout in a special way to get it to work with the current RAW model but that is something we would have to look into.

OK, I uploaded both.

1 Like