DeNoise 3.3

Hi Adam, I have a FujiFilm X-T4 which has an X-Trans sensor. It would be great if you could support that sensor-format. Supporting DNG would also be great.

I did look at the memory (both gpu und cpu) and it was no leak.

Thank you, that should take care of it, then. Probably also good for people using alternative explorers, like XYplorer or Directory Opus or what have you. Thanks!

buonasera a tutti, stamani ho installato la versione photoshop 2022, dopo questo aggiornamento TopazDenois E Topaz sharpen Ai hanno smesso di funzionare le applicazioni non si aprono piĆ¹.
Speriamo a breve venga risolta la cosa

Sounds interesting, but:
This is a user-to-user forum, for your inquiry you should call Topaz support.

However, Iā€™m curious:
Do you mean they do not work in Photoshop plugin mode? If so, did you check which folder Photoshop uses for plugins? Are the DAI and SAI plugin modules present in this folder?
Thanks.

Non funzionano ne in modalitĆ  plugin su photoshop ne se apro l applicazione, tutto questo da quando ho aggiornato a photoshop 2022 prima andava tutto bene ho provato a disinstallare lā€™ applicazione e ad reinstallarla ma nulla uguale a prima. Io penso sia una cosa che devono correggere gli sviluppatori.

Hello all.

I finally had time to play with DAI 3.X, downloaded trial 3.3.4, and after several experiments returned to my ā€œprovenā€ 2.3.6 which I run in CPU mode with Vino. The issues I encountered with 3.3.4 included (all in GPU mode as in CPU mode it is just slow):

1. Standard mode: image shift and pixelated edges of dark objects on light background (never encountered this in earlier versions of DAI)

2. Low Light mode: even if denoise slider is set to ā€œ0ā€, a very substantial denoising is still applied. Why on Earth this was made?

3. In all modes, halos along dark edges of objects on light background (this was discussed in SAI forum but I did not know that DAI suffers from the same).

Again, all these issues occurred in GPU mode, as Photoshop plugin, and I did not try it in CPU mode due to very low processing speed.

Am I the only one who is still dissatisfied with DAI 3.3.X?

Same here, Windows 11

Any idea why Iā€™m unable to use the RAW model on a TIFF file that was created by the JPEG To RAW app? Iā€™m using the JPEG To RAW 2.2.1 in trial mode, saving as TIFF, and dropping into DeNoise 3.3.4. When I try to select the RAW model it says that the RAW model is unavailable.

Is the output from JPEG To RAW not compatible with DeNoise?

Because its a Tiff file.

Try output as a dng.

I also got that Jpeg to RAW app thrown in on a package. First time I tried it, (last night) canā€™t be used by Denoise or DXO. After some reading, the TOPAZ made RAW canā€™t have the real RAW information in the file - for obvious reasons. But I thought if made by Topaz, at least Topaz apps could use itā€¦ lol

ā€¦ yes, saved as a DNG

Whatā€™s the point to use RAW model for TIFF file?

Iā€™m using Denoise as PS CS6 plugin. In previous versions it was possible to include the Original permanently into the comparison view. IMO, that was very helpful in order to find the best mode and setting by checking and comparing several parts of the image with the original. I havenā€™t found this option anymore with the version 3.3.4. Iā€™ve seen that I can temporarily switch to the (ā€œunupdatedā€) original through the dropdown menu or space tab. But once I ā€œmoveā€ the section, the original view immediately is gone again. So has the possibility been removed to include the Original permanently ??? That would be a step back, IMO.
Quality- wise the new version seems to be a step back, too - at least in the standard settings which wipe out (blur) fine details more extensively in some parts, especially in uniform parts with subtle transitions. I havenā€™t experienced this before to the same degree. So Iā€™m seriously considering to go back to v 3.2.

Wolfgang

fyi new 392.68 drivers were released 2 weeks after your post:

Link is for Std drivers for your K1100M, Win64

Brutal how fast the Tensor core GPUs have become.

My two RTX 5000 (like 2x 2080) GPUs are 7x faster than my P5000 (like 1080) GPU.

1 Like

I canā€™t use RAW model when I open a fujifilm RAF photo, is it a bug??

Not a bug, Fuji X-Trans RAW is not currently supported.

Thanks!:wink:

Not sure what Iā€™m doing wrong, but after running RAW files through Denoise they have acquired distortion and vignetting. I have included two screen caps, one of the RAW file viewed in Preview, one of the output RAW file from Denoise viewed in Preview.

Camera is Panasonic Lumix TC-TZ202 (which is I think DC-ZS200 in N America)

RTX 5000? :scream: Itā€™s not possible. The actually version are the RTX serie 3000.