DeNoise 3.2

Did that. Nothing happened.
Found the way to add a PS plugin on this website. It works. Will stick to this one for now. Thanks!

Just wanted to mention to those who are interested that I installed the latest NVIDIA Studio driver today (471.68) and I still have the same issues mentioned by others with DeNoise AI - Standard model, and Sharpen AI - Too Soft model. The other DeNoise/Sharpen models seem to run fine using my card (GeForce RTX 2070 Super) but those 2 options require switching to the CPU. Hoping for a fix some day soon.

2 Likes

you probably stil have Sharpen AI 3.2.0 release, there is now a 3.2.1 release, came out just after nvidia 471.68 update, this version has no processing errors, update Sharpen AI 3.2.0, to 3.2.1, via the update option, built-in to the software.

only Denoise AI 3.2.0, needs a fix for the processing errors now.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have added the version #'s in my original post
 I’m running 3.2.1 for Sharpen and 3.2.0 for DeNoise.

I upgraded to the 471.68 SD, and then upgraded to Sharpend 3.2.1
 Still crashes. ON auto. I had an error show up from Windows, because I had turned on the Graphic Settings to allow for “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” I turned it off, rebooted - no difference. Still get the error in Sharpen using Soft mode. :frowning:

my apologizes, I just noticed I am in the DeNoise forum
 after replying to a Topaz Email
 strange it put me here

for some reason, Sharpen AI is giving me better results than latest Denoise 3.2
tried to remove noise from a picture, and took letters away from a sign on a picture. with sharpen ai its the same, but with the added sharpness the letters are blurred but not removed.

lately i feel like having denoise and sharpen AI is quite redundant. i get overall better denoise results from sharpen than denoise AI. anyone else feels this?

i will leave previews for the mentioned image on denoise and on sharpen AI so you see its not just my eyes/exageration.

1 Like

Furthermore, because of speaking about a potential Nvidia bug, it cannot be ‘only’ that. Indeed, i’m still on Nvidia driver V456.xx, wich is the one required since last Adobe Max, to have the benefits of their updates.
And the results with Denoise treatment, mostly the colors, are sometimes really ugly. Not only the RAF files do loose the profile you took the pic with (wich is a shame), but even with “normal” Adobe profile, the colors of the pictures after trying to remove noise with Denoise AI can be strongly different !!
It’s mostly adviced to ‘denoise’ before editing, but when you got a photo file wich doesn’t looks like the original (even without talking about Fujifilm profiles!), what’s the benefits???
I remember when I bought Denoise AI that colors changes already existed. But as far as updates appear, it’s worst and worst

So it’s a cheap software, but with these colors changes, there are no more utility using it
 Very desapointing !

Topaz says that there’s a problem with recent Nvidia graphics card drivers that causes this error. I’m not sure who really “owns” the error, but I have found that if you drop back to an older driver (I can confirm that Game-Ready Driver 466.27 works.) The most recent driver I have tried, 471.41, still does NOT work. The newest GR driver is 471.68, which I have not tried because it’s a pain switching back and forth if the new one doesn’t work.

Today’s Game Ready Drivers 471.96 release notes say:

Fixed Issues in this Release
[CUDA][Turing/Volta GPUs]: Stability issues with Topaz Denoise AI. [200755368]

Can you remove the watermark? I was post-processing an image in Lightroom and did edits on it with the DeNoise AI plug-in I purchased earlier today. When I clicked apply, it said to log in or there would be a watermark on my image as I was in trial mode. I tried logging in, creating an account and even with me typing my log in info very carefully, would not log me in. I got frustrated and let it create the image with the watermark. After 15 or so minutes of trying to create a new password, I could finally log in, but the image still has the watermark on it. I really don’t want to have to go back and redo all that work. Help!

Watermarks cannot be removed.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. An hour or so of work down the drain.

Testing the “471.96-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql” driver right now and it does work.

But its a gaming driver, not a Studio Driver - the Studio/Pro driver is still not out.

In the Case the Nvidia Control Panel was not installed:

Open Start > Run < wsreset.exe, right click open as admin.

This will reinstall the Windows store, the Nvidia Panel comes via the Windows Store not by the driver anymore, after this when you open the Control Panel it should be installed right.

Use Photoshop or similar photo editor. You should be able to just undo the Denoise step so the rest of your edits would remain. I don’t know if Lightroom has a history to undo.

Yes, Lightroom has history that you can undo.

Thanks Don. So I wonder why all of her work was destroyed by Denoise leaving a watermark?

Yes I also because it is only DeNoise she is talking about which is used on a image that has the Lightroom edits applied and sent to it. Maybe there was masking that was done in DeNoise?

NVIDIA just released Studio driver 472.12 9/20/2021.
Can anyone confirm that this resolves the issues with DeNoise since the May driver release?

Just try it, you can always roll back. Because unless someone has the exact same system as you there is no way to tell.

Looks good.

2 Likes