DeNoise 3.1

ah ok, i always use layers without smart obj or filt.

So i don’t was aware of this problem.

1 Like

Yeah. I hope Adobe fixes it finally. Latest few releases have been good in some areas with features, but also brought in lot of bugs.

1 Like

Hi folks,
I just tested the Plugin with and without Smartfilter. The plugin does’t work with both options!
Rudolf

Sharpening seems to have little or no effects at all for this version.

While version 3.1.1 fixed EXIF problem with Date Time Original, Date Time Digitized I noticed now that it does still strip GPS information away. That was not the case with earlier versions - and should not be the case with the new versions either.

Olli

I experienced the same. Only Version 3.0.3 is working properly.

Take a look at posts 25 and 26 (use the blue scroll bar on the right of the page).

How do I go back to 3.0? 3.1 is awful.

Same problem here, Denoise will not sart. Error message 0xc0000142.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
My topaz denoise is now 3.1 and it’s now worse than previous version. Where is used to take away what noise was in my images, it now adds it and I have faces now looking like pacman with all the pixels included. Can someone please provide me a possible reason for this, and is it possible to undo update?
Cheers

I presume you are calling Denoise AI from an action in Photoshop. If not, disregard the rest of this post.

It appears that Topaz has finally made Denoise AI work like other Photoshop filters and now uses the settings recorded in the action (the same as if you recorded an action to apply a Gaussian Blur for example). This is also the way other plugins such as OnOne work.

If you want to change the settings each time you run the action, you need to toggle the “toggle dialog on/off” in the action as described in posts 23 to 26 of this thread.

Often I have hundreds of images shot under very similar conditions so being able to record and then run an action with the same settings is a key part of my workflow. I don’t want to see the Denoise AI dialog and have to commit the settings for every image. Up until now I only occasionally use Denoise AI as it hasn’t properly supported actions (or smart objects). So for me this change is potentially a huge positive step.

Yes I was calling it as an action! It’s worked the way I described for the past couple years I think so interesting that it wasn’t supposed to. That fixed it.

It wouldn’t be so annoying if it rain it from the last setting (which is often the same) but it ran it without making any changes at all. The image looked exactly the same, no denoising done to it. Maybe other people have had better luck with it actually applying previous settings. But I’m happy enough with its not doing it. Thanks! I never imagined it was from PS rather than the plug in itself.

If you want to use an action to apply recorded settings, you may have to re-record the action (or action step) with Denoise AI 3.1 to make sure the settings are compatible.

I get the same error message, just opened a ticket for this.

Everything that I edit now has pixelated edges… even with sharpening turned off, and just using denoise, it makes jagged edges. I’ve tried every variation, standard, clear, low light, etc, on a bunch of different images.

Denoise AI Version 3.1.1 immediatly crashes/closes when an image is loaded.
I’m using Windows 10.

Download the new version. Once I hit apply it spins for awhile and then whole program closes. It’s unusable.

The sharpening feature in 3.1.1 has been reduced to a great extent. None of the modes have the same effect as in 3.0. All the modes have only a marginal sharpness effect even in 100%.
The Noise Reduction seems to have been fine tuned in 3.1.1 - earlier in 3.0, a slight change of 10% resulted in good noise reduction - the earlier effect of 20% Noise Reduction in 3.0 = 100% in 3.1.1
The EXIF data has been corrected in 3.1.1 - Think i will go back to 3.0 until these issues are resolved.

I upgraded to 3.1.1. today and it opens, accepts and image displays it for a fraction of a second, then shuts down. I tried reinstalling from the website but it’s the same.
Can I roll it back?
Is it fixable?

This sounds like your install isn’t correct. The only reason it would download models is if the installer didn’t place the models in a directory that the program can see. I’d try maybe uninstalling and re-installing and making sure that the resource directory is valid.