DeNoise 3.1

Every time I run DeNoise AI 3.1.0 it has to download the models, not too bad for the CPU but for the GPU in Low Light and Severe (especially) it takes way too long (5-10 min).
Once the models load the preview is virtually instant, but if I switch modes I have to redownload. Furthermore, in comparison mode every time it processes a mode it redownloads, move the view it redownloads, etc.
Processing is super fast but the constant downloads make it tediously slow with the GPU.
I need the models locally on my drive.

Also, move the Auto-Update toggle back to the main window PLEASE!

The preview shown in version 3.1.1 seems to have a regression, possibly related to retina displays on mac devices? It looks decidedly less sharp than the actual output. I confirmed it by taking a screenshot of the preview in Denoise AI and comparing it to the saved output.

Itā€™s not supposed to be downloading any models, theyā€™re all installed by the installer.

Am using DeNoise AI in standalone mode.
Have tried v3.1.1 on some noisy iPhone JPG images with ā€˜Severe Noiseā€™ option using the ā€˜autoā€™ setting. The resulting images contained patches of corruption, visible as vertical darkened ripples.
The previous version of DeNoise AI did NOT produce such ā€˜corruptionā€™ in those same images.
Your feedback appreciated.

Thats the normal way, every plugin does that, and finally denoise does it again.

Just start it from the plugins at the bottom.

@adam.mains

Now it would be great to have an automatic model selection that I could preselect.

Letā€™s say I want to denoise images with LowLight at ISO 500 - 2000 and 2500 and above with the Severe Model.
At the moment I have an interruption because I can first denoise the images with LowLight and then the other images with Severe.

Through the image selection at the bottom of the window, you can hardly do something like that because the effort is too huge, it is easier with the interruption between the model changes.

We are talking here about 100 - 2000 images.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean? Why would anyone want it to start immediately processing the image before you pick any of your settings (which, btw, it processes it and it looks exactly the same, so itā€™s not really DOING anything).

Iā€™ve had Topaz Denoise for at least a couple years now and it pops up and allows you to choose your denoise settings before hitting process. This immediately starts to process the image before youā€™ve chosen one setting.

after you used a plugin, no matter which one, you could start i again with the same setting from the top of the plugins.

Iā€™m not really sure weā€™re talking about the same thing here or maybe I need more caffeine because thatā€™s not making much sense to me. Sorry! Hereā€™s the issue with images if it helps at all.

Normally when I pull up denoise, I get the side panel with all the options for settings.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mjS9tJKYfCwoHws7A

When I pull up this latest version, it automatically goes to the final step (processing). It doesnā€™t process at the the auto settings or anything. If you forget to cancel it, it processes it and sends you back to photoshop and it looks exactly the same.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pawjg4W2aeWfJ8ne6

I canā€™t imagine anyone would want the image to process automatically with no settings applied. If this isnā€™t happening for anyone else I may try to uninstall and reinstall because itā€™s frustrating.

I will set aside all the technical data (settings, preferences, buttons, etc.) as Iā€™ve gone through them all, repeatedly. DeNoise, even the 3.1 upgrade, affects little if any of the noise issue for my photos. Itā€™s useless for me and I donā€™t understand why (Iā€™m using it only as a stand-alone, not through LR or PS). I get MUCH more satisfaction de-noising on Sharpen. Iā€™ll keep futzing around with it, but Iā€™m surprised it does so very little. I thought the new ā€˜severeā€™ option would help, but barely phased the noise. If anyone can help me understand whatā€™s going on, Iā€™m all ears. :slight_smile:

Hi,
PS Plugin is not working with 3.1.0 and 3.1.1! (WIN 10)
Rudolf

1 Like

No that is not normal way. It is a bug actually that Adobe introduced few version of Photoshop ago. It used to be that you can bring anything to the open document, a new layer from another document etc, and it would not auto update and re-render all the filters/plug ins. Now it does, since few versions ago. Its a terrible workflow sabotage do to another large Adobe bug. It is not Topaz fault this time. its Adobe, and its not supposed to be like this.

But why is it working with 3.0.3???

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Version 22.4.1

Are you using Smart Filters or Smart Objects for applying the Denoise filter?

No! Additional information: If I deinstall 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 and reinstall 3.0.3 it is properly working. Back to 3.1 it fails. No change in PS!

The updating of the smart filters only happens if off course one is using smart filters, so the file is re-rendered again. If you are not using smart object or smart filters, there is nothing to update.

You said itā€™s working in earlier version (3.0.3 ), but if you are not using smart filters, are you sure we are talking about the same thing.

I did not change my workflow in PS, therefore it must be a bug in DeNoise 3.1!

Perhaps we mean different things. No worries. :slight_smile: