DeNoise 3.0

The 2018 design, bought last year. 64GB RAM, 2TB SSD.

Most of the problems we had in the beta were with GPU drivers older than half a year.

I would check if there is any update from Apple for the mac mini.

Or you have chosen the wrong version, for Apple there is also a legacy version.

You can try to accommodate denoise with Capture One, they can complement each other.

But above a certain value of luma denoise, the noise becomes detail.

I am sure of that.

You are a beta tester. Did you contribute to the testing for this product?

OK, I understand, but I believe the earlier behavior (like with Topaz Adjust AI) is the correct one. Or the ability to save as… should at least be made a preference option. I am not a fan of taking functionality away :wink:

@adam.mains @brad.ito Graphics Info:
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 3.0.1

Operating System: macOS 10.15

Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon Pro 580 OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 ATI-3.10.18

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels
Also have an EGPU with RX 480.

All JPEG Processing is now messed up Even CPU On iMac.Ass Shown by the Photos. This Problem is not in Version 2.4.2.

This is being resolved in an update in a few hours

I just blogged about the new version as it applies to removing film grain from old scans (which is probably not the intended use of DeNoise but it worked great!).

3 Likes

Did I Catch some thing ?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Good Fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have checked, all drivers are current. Issue persists in v3.0.2.

Are you using an external GPU by chance? I’ve seen those cause graphical issues before.

I can not Upload Quality 10 I do not know compare Topaz Quality Setting to PhotoShop. Photos In Affinity Behave Like Topaz Photos.
Auto Setting in PhotoShop Does not Affect the Whole Photo.I Will Use Denoise Small File Size in Giga Pixel Now.I also have the Sharpen AI BETA My Cats Test I will use for when hair wicker is close to color of cat. Cat Face test is Image 3221 of the Link I sent you. on google drive :slight_smile:

Yes. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT in a Razer Core X case. DNAI has worked fine with the 5700 until v3.0.0 came out.

I’ll try DNAI 3.0.2 without the 5700 in a couple of hours. VEAI finishes a 2-day run about then, so I can unplug it. Will report result.

1 Like

Hi! I was getting errors in 3.0 & 3.0.1 when trying to “apply” an image: “Error processing image, please try again. If problem persists try updating your device drivers or switching to a different AI Processor in preferences.” This was standalone as well as Photoshop. Tried all different setting for GPU - nothing worked. So I had to revert to 2.4.2.

Just got the notification for v3.0.2 and I’m scared to install it for fear of seeing the same problem and having to go thru the install/reinstall process again. Does the fix “Fixed image output being corrupted when saving in standalone mode” fix my problem?

My computer configuration:

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 461.40
Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (8TB Total - all SSD)
Windows 10 home.

Thanks in advance,
…Jerry

This does not sound like it would fix your issue, although I’m wondering why you’d get that issue in the first place with that configuration.

I’d recommend you try to update your drivers, as there was a bug fixed recently I believe on Nvidia’s end although I forget how recent it was. It looks like driver 461.92 is the most recent release (March 17th). Your version was released January of this year.

If that doesn’t work then my best guess would be full uninstall and then install from the full installer at the top of this thread and if it doesn’t work attach some logs, but I’d understand if you don’t want to go through debug steps to maybe get it to work.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Turns out I’m now running Nvidia 461.92 but that was only after I reinstalled DeNoise AI 2.4.2. :frowning_face:

This whole install, reinstall, test & revert process took me a couple hours so it may be a day or two before I get the time to try the re-install again (and 2.4.2 is working great for me).

Thanks again,
…Jerry

Dismounted the Radeon eGPU, restarted system, ran DNAI as the sole standalone program running. It now quits immediately after launch. Have updated support ticket.

I will ask about what they did for this and see if we can pull it into DeNoise AI.

Were you trying to run VEAI and DNAI together with high VRAM settings on the same eGPU? If you want to run both on the same GPU then I would recommend low VRAM settings on both the apps.
If you unplug the eGPU make sure the correct GPU is selected in the preferences before loading an image.