DeNoise 3.0

I no tried plugins with RAW.

Add first and second paths to Photoshop plugins, and you get all Topaz plugins to AP, and test it:

You have raw version of file?

I tested now with a DNG:

• open a DNG with AP
  • develop this
  • after develop can use Denoise plugin and you see developed DNG file in Denoise, no original raw

Make sure you have selected 2080ti as ai processor in preferences and have the latest Nvidia studio drivers installed.

There should be none, both should work the same. Can you upload the logs so we can check why it shows two devices. Are you on the latest Nvidia studio drivers?

Follow these instructions here for Mask AI, the mask is returned as a Background Alpha:

1 Like

Drivers are up-to-date. Here are the latest log files.

2021-03-23-01-54-3-Main.tzlog (117.9 KB) 2021-03-23-01-54-3-QML.tzlog (28.6 KB)

Thanks for great tip, but this trick create a mask layer from result, no get mask layer from Mask AI, just recreate. But great tip, thanks!

You will not get any mask except for the background alpha as that is how Affinity places the mask returned to it.

I changed the processor to CPU, it was the only option that worked. Everything is updated on my machine. For info my graphics processor is: NVIDEA Quadro K2100M

That GPU is really really slow.
I did a quick search on Amazon and the first Gaming Pc that was popping up (430€) had a GPU (Geforce 1660) that is 8 times as fast as the K2100M in fp32 and 16 times as fast in fp16 (Denoise can make use of fp16 hardware).

Getting a new system even its a labtop with a smaller GPU like the Gefroce 1660 does really add up.

@adam.mains

Problem solved - a recent Windows 10 update seems to have set “Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them” to on - turning it off removed the issue. Sorry for the false alarm.

2 Likes

Question about using Denoise as external editor in Capture One.
If I choose Open with… on a raw file, meaning that the file is handed over to the external editor without any Capture one adjustments, the file is opened and displayed fine in Denoise, but when applying the changes, it does the processing, does not save the file anywhere.
I also checked and the behavior is the same when just right clicking a raw file in windows explorer > Open with… choosing Topaz Denoise AI. Clicking Apply in the program seems to do the processing but does not actually create a file.
This is the same behavior with Topaz Sharpen AI as well.
However, the older apps like Topaz Adjust AI do ask for a filename to save (as of course it is not possible to resave a RAW file). Can this be addressed?

Using open with opens DeNoise in “plugin” mode so you must use edit with as C1 will pass a file of your choice to be processed.

Plugin mode updates the passed image but is smart enough to ignore RAW images. But, if you pass a dng from a camera that writes dng it will overwrite.

1 Like

OK, but why are the earlier Topaz programs (Adjust AI) able to ask to save a file - using the same workflow?
Also the issue is not limited to Capture One - it behaves the same when opening a raw file with right click from Windows explorer. The file opens, seems to be able to process fine (progress bar moves etc.), then closes without creating an output file.
It only works if I open the file from within the Denoise AI open file dialog.

1 Like

Ehm sorry, but that is just bullshit. Why should anyone want a watermark in the images processed with his full price paid product mentioning that it was used offline?! :neutral_face:

If you login once it should keep your login info even if you are offline every other time.

Oh okay! This should be mentioned in the changelog as well. :grinning:

I added a note to it to hopefully clear it up.

Adam, the new previews of all modes are terrible. Look what happens to edges. Turning down the “Enhance Sharpness” slider to the lowest possible did not help. Seems to be only in the previews, not in the final saved results. :neutral_face:

3 Likes