Crash to Desktop when using remove tool

I was trying to learn how to use the remove tool in Photo AI. When I clicked on the object I wanted to remove (a dog) several times, Photo AI exited to the desktop.
Attached is a ZIP file which contains an MP4 video of what happened.

PhotoAI Crash-2.zip (10.2 MB)

Some Mac users who have been experiencing crashes have said that removing the plist files associated with TPAI resolve the issue for them. I have not been having problems myself (M1 Mac Mini) so can’t vouchsafe this. I think you’ll find them in your Library Preferences. Search through the threads here for discussion of the issue first perhaps.

Thanks, but I am using Windoze [sic]

Same issue here. Remove is a nice tool when it works but using the select tool seems finicky and I’ve also experienced several crashes.

Thanks for sending in that video example. I’d like to get some more information to help troubleshoot the problem you are having.

Could you send us your computer’s full system profile?

Also if you can, please try to recreate this crash in Topaz Photo AI, then go to Help > Open Log Folder, please send me all of the files within that folder. You should be able to attach them directly as a response to this email.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below. Please be sure to send me a note to let me know you sent something.

Dropbox File Request

Replied via email.

John,

Yes the crash is repeatable. I cleaned out the log files and then went through the exercise of trying to remove an area. After a few clicks I was out to the desktop. I uploaded the log file as a zip to Dropbox. Perhaps the log file will give a clue as to to why this is happening.

In the back of my head, I am wondering if clicking on a new area before it has finished previewing the last change is causing the problem.

I’ve also uploaded to Dropbox my system profile. I like to use a tool called Speccy for this which gives a readable and very comprehensive profile. My system is a maxed out Origin PC with top of the line everything, so I don’t think there is a computer fault here.

Thanks for helping,

Robert Parsons