Continual Force Close on Mac while editing

Uploading 100 or so images at a time to Topaz.ai Photo editing. Continually facing force close errors where the app crashes on mac. Having to try to edit/clean up the same 100 photos 3 or more times because of force close error that loses all progress is extremely frustrating. When uploading multiple images, there is no way to save just the image that has been completed so you have to try to complete all uploaded images and around 80% of the way through the process there is a continual force close that closes out the app and then you have to start all over. Eliminates the value of this app for me as a whole. I have 23 or so days left in their “30 days money back” period and if there isn’t a fix for this, I won’t be able to continue use.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1- Uploade 100 images
  2. Step 2- Spend an hour or more closing out the ones that won’t be used or edited, editing the ones that will be used, get the number of images down to 60 or so images, feel almost done…
  3. Step 3- App force closes and you have to start all over having wasted over an hour of time.

Topaz Photo AI [v1.3.5] on [Mac]

@eric.duncan-6745 Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please send me the log files so I can see what’s going on in the application. To do that, open Topaz Photo AI and go to the Help > Open Log Folder menu option and Email me all the logs files in the folder.

I should be able to determine next steps given that information.

In the meantime, try processing smaller batches. I suspect it’s crashing because the computer is running out of RAM.

Tim, what is your email address? I have the logs, but don’t have your email address.

You should be able to upload your log files here – sorry about the confusion :slight_smile:

Just click the Upload button when replying in this thread;

2023-05-23-18-46-4.tzlog (80.3 KB)
2023-05-23-18-47-4.tzlog (76.3 KB)
2023-05-23-18-48-44.tzlog (2.3 MB)
2023-05-23-19-30-23.tzlog (6.6 MB)
2023-05-23-20-00-57.tzlog (5.3 MB)
2023-05-23-20-34-4.tzlog (9.5 MB)
2023-05-23-20-10-48.tzlog (1.5 MB)

Batch size seems inconsequential. Sometimes I can get through over a 100 without a crash, other times when only 15-20 are uploaded it will crash on the 10-20th one. Need the ability to save each file directly once it has been edited, similar to the function in place for closing out a single image in a batch. Being able to save each image as soon as it is edited would only be bandaid on the issue but it would ensure that you don’t lose all progress on image 99 of 100 after an hour of processing.

@tim.he @preston.werner Uploaded the log files. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

@tim.he and @preston.werner any response to this? Still haven’t heard back after uploading the logs 12 days ago? Want to either have a resolution or get my refund during the 30 day period. Thanks

@eric.duncan-6745 Sorry for the delayed response and thanks for uploading the logs.

Based on the logs, it looks like the auto selection isn’t picking the best processor.

Let’s try this:
Manually select the GPU to use for processing. Go to the Topaz Photo AI Menu option > Preferences > General menu > AI Processor > [your GPU].

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.